Returns and Risks of U.S. Bank Foreign Currency Activities
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 41 (1986)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Other versions of this item:
- Theoharry Grammatikos & Anthony Saunders & Itzhak Swary, 1986. "Returns and risks of U.S. bank foreign currency activities," Working Papers 86-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prasad, Anita Mehra & Rajan, Murli, 1995. "The role of exchange and interest risk in equity valuation: A comparative study of international stock markets," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(5), pages 457-472, December.
- Jongmoo Jay Choi & Elyas Elyasiani, 1996. "Derivative Exposure and the Interest Rate and Exchange Rate Risks of U.S. Banks," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-53, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Papadamou, Stephanos & Tzivinikos, Trifon, 2013. "The risk relevance of International Financial Reporting Standards: Evidence from Greek banks," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 43-54.
- Claudia M. Buch, 1999. "Capital Mobility in Euroland � The Role of Banks," Kiel Working Papers 932, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Claudia M. Buch, 2000. "Capital Market Integration in Euroland: The Role of Banks," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(4), pages 443-464, November.
- Cooper, Michael J. & Jackson, William III & Patterson, Gary A., 2003. "Evidence of predictability in the cross-section of bank stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 817-850, May.
- Mun, Kyung-Chun & Emir Morgan, George, 2003. "Bank foreign exchange and interest rate risk management: simultaneous versus separate hedging strategies," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 277-297, July.
- Chaudhry, Mukesh K. & Christie-David, Rohan & Koch, Timothy W. & Reichert, Alan K., 2000. "The risk of foreign currency contingent claims at US commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 1399-1417, September.
- Wong, Tak-Chuen & Wong, Jim & Leung, Phyllis, 2009. "The foreign exchange exposure of Chinese banks," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 174-182, June.
- Martin, Anna D., 2000. "Exchange rate exposure of the key financial institutions in the foreign exchange market," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 267-286, July.
- Eric Wong & Jim Wong & Phyllis Leung, 2008. "The Foreign Exchange Exposure of Chinese Banks," Working Papers 0807, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Sandra L. Chamberlain & John S. Howe & Helen Popper, 1996. "The Exchange Rate Exposure of U.S. and Japanese Banking Institutions," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-55, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Susan Ryan & Andrew C. Worthington, 2002. "Time-Varying Market, Interest Rate and Exchange Rate Risk in Australian Bank Portfolio Stock Returns: A Garch-M Approach," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 112, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Adrian E. Tschoegl, . "The Key to Risk Management: Management," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-42, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jongmoo Choi & Elyas Elyasiani, 1997. "Derivative Exposure and the Interest Rate and Exchange Rate Risks of U.S. Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 267-286, October.
- Pariyada Sukcharoensin, 2013. "Time-Varying Market, Interest Rate and Exchange Rate Risks of Thai Commercial Banks," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance, Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 9(1), pages 25-45.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.