Upper and Lower Bounds of Put and Call Option Value: Stochastic Dominance Approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 40 (1985)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Post, G.T., 2001. "Spanning and Intersection: a stochastic dominance approach," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2001-63-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- William R. Melick & Charles P. Thomas, 1996. "Using options prices to infer PDF'S for asset prices: an application to oil prices during the Gulf crisis," International Finance Discussion Papers 541, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hsuan-Chu Lin & Ren-Raw Chen & Oded Palmon, 2012. "Non-parametric method for European option bounds," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 109-129, January.
- Constantinides, George M. & Perrakis, Stylianos, 2002.
"Stochastic dominance bounds on derivatives prices in a multiperiod economy with proportional transaction costs,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 1323-1352, July.
- George M. Constantinides & Stylianos Perrakis, 2002. "Stochastic Dominance Bounds on Derivative Prices in a Multiperiod Economy with Proportional Transaction Costs," NBER Working Papers 8867, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ryan, Peter J., 2003. "Progressive option bounds from the sequence of concurrently expiring options," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 151(1), pages 193-223, November.
- Peter Christoffersen & Redouane Elkamhi & Bruno Feunou & Kris Jacobs, 2009.
"Option Valuation with Conditional Heteroskedasticity and Non-Normality,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Peter Christoffersen & Redouane Elkamhi & Bruno Feunou & Kris Jacobs, 2010. "Option Valuation with Conditional Heteroskedasticity and Nonnormality," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(5), pages 2139-2183.
- Peter Christoffersen & Redouane Elkamhi & Bruno Feunou & Kris Jacobs, 2009. "Option Valuation with Conditional Heteroskedasticity and Non-Normality," CREATES Research Papers 2009-33, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Boyle, Phelim P. & Lin, X. Sheldon, 1997. "Bounds on contingent claims based on several assets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 383-400, December.
- Deelstra, Griselda & Grasselli, Martino & Koehl, Pierre-Francois, 1999. "Conditional dominance criteria: definition and application to risk-management," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 295-306, December.
- Kamlesh Mathur & Peter Ritchken, 1999. "Minimum option prices under decreasing absolute risk aversion," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 135-156, May.
- Perrakis, Stylianos & Boloorforoosh, Ali, 2013. "Valuing catastrophe derivatives under limited diversification: A stochastic dominance approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3157-3168.
- Hauser, Schmuel & Levy, Azriel, 1996. "Pricing of foreign exchange options with transaction costs: The choice of trading interval," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 145-160.
- Spector, Yishay & Leshno, Moshe & Horin, Moshe Ben, 1996. "Stochastic dominance in an ordinal world," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 620-627, September.
- Jens Carsten Jackwerth & George M. Constantinaides & Stylianos Perrakis, 2005.
"Option Pricing: Real and Risk-Neutral Distributions,"
CoFE Discussion Paper
05-06, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Constantinides, George M. & Jackwerth, Jens Carsten & Perrakis, Stylianos, 2007. "Option Pricing: Real and Risk-Neutral Distributions," MPRA Paper 11637, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Valeriy Ryabchenko & Sergey Sarykalin & Stan Uryasev, 2004. "Pricing European Options by Numerical Replication: Quadratic Programming with Constraints," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 301-333, September.
- Jouini, Elyès & Chazal, Marie, 2008. "Equilibrium Pricing Bound on Option Prices," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/30, Paris Dauphine University.
- Schepper, Ann De & Heijnen, Bart, 2007. "Distribution-free option pricing," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 179-199, March.
- Wong, Man Hong & Zhang, Shuzhong, 2013. "Computing best bounds for nonlinear risk measures with partial information," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 204-212.
- Vesa Puttonen, 1992. "On the behaviour of the Finnish stock index options markets," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 117-128, Autumn.
- Basso, A. & Pianca, P., 2001. "Option pricing bounds with standard risk aversion preferences," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 249-260, October.
- Bhargava, Vivek & Brooks, Robert, 2002. "Exploration of the role of expectations in foreign exchange risk management," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 171-189, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.