In Defense of Technical Analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 40 (1985)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew W. Lo & Harry Mamaysky & Jiang Wang, 2000.
"Foundations of Technical Analysis: Computational Algorithms, Statistical Inference, and Empirical Implementation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1705-1770, 08.
- Andrew Lo & Harry Mamaysky & Jiang Wang, 1999. "Foundations of Technical Analysis: Computational Algorithms, Statistical Inference, and Empirical Implementation," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 402, Society for Computational Economics.
- Andrew W. Lo & Harry Mamaysky & Jiang Wang, 2000. "Foundations of Technical Analysis: Computational Algorithms, Statistical Inference, and Empirical Implementation," NBER Working Papers 7613, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William Wai Him Tsang & Terence Tai Leung Chong, 2009. "Profitability of the On-Balance Volume Indicator," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 2424-2431.
- Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Lam, Tau-Hing & Yan, Isabel Kit-Ming, 2012.
"Is the Chinese stock market really inefficient?,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 122-137.
- Terence Tai-Leung Chong & Wing-Kam Ng & Venus Khim-Sen Liew, 2014.
"Revisiting the Performance of MACD and RSI Oscillators,"
Journal of Risk and Financial Management,
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Ng, Wing-Kam & Liew, Venus Khim-Sen, 2014. "Revisiting the Performance of MACD and RSI Oscillators," MPRA Paper 54149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lin, Wen-Ling, 1995. "Market closure and predictability of intradaily stock returns in the United States and Japan," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 19-44, March.
- Skouras, Spyros, 2001.
"Financial returns and efficiency as seen by an artificial technical analyst,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 213-244, January.
- Spyros Skouras, 1998. "Financial Returns and Efficiency as seen by an Artificial Technical Analyst," Finance 9808001, EconWPA, revised 24 Aug 1998.
- Chen, Cheng-Wei & Huang, Chin-Sheng & Lai, Hung-Wei, 2009. "The impact of data snooping on the testing of technical analysis: An empirical study of Asian stock markets," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 580-591, September.
- Bong-Chan, Kho, 1996. "Time-varying risk premia, volatility, and technical trading rule profits: Evidence from foreign currency futures markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 249-290, June.
- Menkhoff, Lukas, 2010.
"The use of technical analysis by fund managers: International evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2573-2586, November.
- Menkhoff, Lukas, 2010. "The Use of Technical Analysis by Fund Managers: International Evidence," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-446, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:7:y:2008:i:12:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alessandro Beber, 1999. "Il dibattito su dignità ed efficacia dell'analisi tecnica nell'economia finanziaria," Alea Tech Reports 003, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 14 Jun 2008.
- Hsu, Po-Hsuan & Hsu, Yu-Chin & Kuan, Chung-Ming, 2010. "Testing the predictive ability of technical analysis using a new stepwise test without data snooping bias," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 471-484, June.
- Neely, Christopher J., 2002. "The temporal pattern of trading rule returns and exchange rate intervention: intervention does not generate technical trading profits," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 211-232, October.
- Christopher J. Neely, 2005. "The case for foreign exchange intervention: the government as an active reserve manager," Working Papers 2004-031, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Gerber, Anke & Hens, Thorsten & Vogt, Bodo, 2010. "Rational investor sentiment in a repeated stochastic game with imperfect monitoring," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 669-704, December.
- Trifan, Emanuela, 2004. "Decision Rules and their Influence on Asset Prices," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 37211, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Terence Tai-Leung Chong & Chen Li & Ho Tin Yu, 2008. "Structural Change in the Stock Market Efficiency after the Millennium: The MACD Approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 7(12), pages 1-6.
- Leigh, W. & Paz, M. & Purvis, R., 2002. "An analysis of a hybrid neural network and pattern recognition technique for predicting short-term increases in the NYSE composite index," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 69-76, April.
- Christopher J. Neely, 1997. "Technical analysis in the foreign exchange market: a layman's guide," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 23-38.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.