Mean-Gini, Portfolio Theory, and the Pricing of Risky Assets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 39 (1984)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haim Shalit, 1995. "Mean-Gini analysis of stochastic externalities: The case of groundwater contamination," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 6(1), pages 37-52, July.
- Trajtenberg, Manuel & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1989.
"The Diffusion of Innovations: A Methodological Reappraisal,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 7(1), pages 35-47, January.
- Manuel Trajtenberg & Shlomo Yitzhaki, 1982. "The Diffusion of Innovations: A Methodological Reappraisal," NBER Working Papers 1008, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Okunev, John & Dillon, John L., 1988. "A Linear Programming Algorithm for Determining Mean-Gini Efficient Farm Plans," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 2(3), November.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2010084 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark Salmon & Soosung Hwang, 2001. "A New Measure of Herding and Empirical Evidence," Working Papers wp01-12, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Wetzstein, Michael E. & Szmedra, Philip I. & McClendon, Ronald W. & Edwards, David M., 1988. "Efficiency Criteria And Risk Aversion: An Empirical Evaluation," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(01), July.
- David Shaffer & Andrea DeMaskey, 2005. "Currency Hedging Using the Mean-Gini Framework," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 125-137, September.
- Shlomo Yitzhaki, 2003. "Gini’s Mean difference: a superior measure of variability for non-normal distributions," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(2), pages 285-316.
- Bokusheva, Raushan & Breustedt, Gunnar & Heidelbach, Olaf, 2006. "Measurement and Comparison of Risk Reduction by Means of Farm Yield, Area Yield, and Weather Index Crop Insurance Schemes - The Case of Kazakhstani Wheat Farms," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25523, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sergio Ortobelli Lozza, 2001. "The classification of parametric choices under uncertainty: analysis of the portfolio choice problem," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 297-328, December.
- Buschena, David E. & Zilberman, David, 1994. "What Do We Know About Decision Making Under Risk And Where Do We Go From Here?," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(02), December.
- Sadefo Kamdem, Jules, 2012. "A nice estimation of Gini index and power Pen's parade," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1299-1304.
- Kuan Xu, 2003. "How Has the Literature on Gini's Index Evolved in the Past 80 Years?," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive howgini, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Kaplanski, Guy, 2004. "Traditional beta, downside risk beta and market risk premiums," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 636-653, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.