Hedging Performance and Basis Risk in Stock Index Futures
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 39 (1984)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Dueker & Thomas W. Miller, Jr., 1996. "Market microstructure effects on the direct measurement of the early exercise premium in exchange-listed options," Working Papers 1996-013, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Adams, Zeno & Gerner, Mathias, 2012. "Cross hedging jet-fuel price exposure," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1301-1309.
- Hancock, G.D., 2005. "A text book treatment of calculating returns on non-traditional portfolios," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 173-186.
- Tse, Yiuman, 2001. "Index arbitrage with heterogeneous investors: A smooth transition error correction analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1829-1855, October.
- Hsiang-Tai Lee & Jonathan Yoder, 2005.
"A Bivariate Markov Regime Switching GARCH Approach to Estimate Time Varying Minimum Variance Hedge Ratios,"
- Hsiang-Tai Lee & Jonathan Yoder, 2007. "A bivariate Markov regime switching GARCH approach to estimate time varying minimum variance hedge ratios," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 39(10), pages 1253-1265.
- Christian Dunis & Pierre Lequeux, 2000. "Intraday data and hedging efficiency in interest spread trading," European Journal of Finance, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 6(4), pages 332-352.
- Yannick LE PEN & Benoît SEVI, 2008.
"Volatility transmission and volatility impulse response functions in European electricity forward markets,"
Cahiers du CREDEN (CREDEN Working Papers)
08.09.77, CREDEN (Centre de Recherche en Economie et Droit de l'Energie), Faculty of Economics, University of Montpellier 1.
- Le Pen, Yannick & Sévi, Benoît, 2010. "Volatility transmission and volatility impulse response functions in European electricity forward markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 758-770, July.
- Salm, Christian A. & Schuppli, Michael, 2010. "Positive feedback trading in stock index futures: International evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 313-322, December.
- Gagnon, Louis & Lypny, Gregory J. & McCurdy, Thomas H., 1998. "Hedging foreign currency portfolios," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 197-220, September.
- Atreya Chakraborty & John Barkoulas, 1999. "Dynamic futures hedging in currency markets," European Journal of Finance, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 299-314.
- Merrick, John Jr & Naik, Narayan Y. & Yadav, Pradeep K., 2005. "Strategic trading behavior and price distortion in a manipulated market: anatomy of a squeeze," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 171-218, July.
- Contreras, Mauricio & Pellicer, Rely & Villena, Marcelo & Ruiz, Aaron, 2010. "A quantum model of option pricing: When Black–Scholes meets Schrödinger and its semi-classical limit," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(23), pages 5447-5459.
- Rodt, Marc & Schäfer, Klaus, 2005. "Absicherung von Strompreisrisiken mit Futures: Theorie und Empirie," Freiberg Working Papers 2005,18, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Theobald, Michael & Yallup, Peter, 1998. "Measuring cash-futures temporal effects in the UK using partial adjustment factors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 221-243, February.
- Young, Martin & Hogan, Warren & Batten, Jonathan, 2004. "The effectiveness of interest-rate futures contracts for hedging Japanese bonds of different credit quality and duration," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 13-25.
- Charles Cao & Eric Ghysels & Frank Hatheway, 2001. "Derivatives Do Affect Mutual Funds Returns : How and When?," CIRANO Working Papers 2001s-62, CIRANO.
- Wei, Yu & Wang, Yudong & Huang, Dengshi, 2011. "A copula–multifractal volatility hedging model for CSI 300 index futures," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(23), pages 4260-4272.
- Laws, Jason & Thompson, John, 2005. "Hedging effectiveness of stock index futures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 163(1), pages 177-191, May.
- Cifarelli, Giulio & Paladino, Giovanna, 2011. "Hedging vs. speculative pressures on commodity futures returns," MPRA Paper 28229, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bialkowski, Jedrzej & Jakubowski, Jacek, 2008. "Stock index futures arbitrage in emerging markets: Polish evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 363-381.
- Pok, Wee Ching & Poshakwale, Sunil S. & Ford, J.L., 2009. "Stock index futures hedging in the emerging Malaysian market," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 273-288.
- Contreras, Mauricio & Montalva, Rodrigo & Pellicer, Rely & Villena, Marcelo, 2010. "Dynamic option pricing with endogenous stochastic arbitrage," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(17), pages 3552-3564.
- Alexander, C. & Barbosa, A., 2008. "Hedging index exchange traded funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 326-337, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.