A Critical Reexamination of the Empirical Evidence on the Arbitrage Pricing Theory
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 39 (1984)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antoniou, Antonios & Garrett, Ian & Priestley, Richard, 1998. "Calculating the equity cost of capital using the APT: the impact of the ERM," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 949-965, December.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2002.
"Determining the Number of Factors in Approximate Factor Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 191-221, January.
- Tom Doan, . "BAING: RATS procedure to estimate factors in a factor model using Bai-Ng formulas," Statistical Software Components RTS00012, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2000. "Determining the Number of Factors in Approximate Factor Models," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 440, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2000. "Determining the Number of Factors in Approximate Factor Models," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1504, Econometric Society.
- Chen, Kim Heng & Jandhyala, Venkata K. & Fotopoulos, Stergios B., 2005. "Nonlinear Properties of Multifactor Financial Models," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 1(2).
- Clare, Andrew D. & Priestley, Richard, 1998.
"Risk factors in the Malaysian stock market,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 103-114, May.
- Lam, Keith S. K., 2002. "The relationship between size, book-to-market equity ratio, earnings-price ratio, and return for the Hong Kong stock market," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 163-179.
- Bruce N. Lehmann, 1990. "Residual Risk Revisited," NBER Working Papers 1908, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chen, Yin-Ping & Huang, Hsin-Cheng & Tu, I-Ping, 2010. "A new approach for selecting the number of factors," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(12), pages 2990-2998, December.
- Alex Kane & Alan J. Marcus, 1986. "The Valuation of Security Analysis," NBER Working Papers 1958, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Enrique Sentana, 1993. "The econometrics of the stock market II: asset pricing," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 17(3), pages 421-444, September.
- Kumar, V. & Ramaswami, Sridhar N. & Srivastava, Rajendra K., 2000. "A Model to Explain Shareholder Returns: Marketing Implications," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 157-167, November.
- Erdinc Altay, 2003. "The Effect of Macroeconomic Factors on Asset Returns: A Comparative Analysis of the German and the Turkish Stock Markets in an APT Framework," Finance 0307006, EconWPA.
- To, Minh Chau & Assoé, Kodjovi Gakpo, 1995. "Performance et commission de souscription des fonds mutuels canadiens," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 71(1), pages 27-52, mars.
- Robert R. Bliss, 1997. "Movements in the term structure of interest rates," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 4, pages 16-33.
- Hurson Ch. & Ricci - Xella N., 2002. "Structuring Portfolio Selection Criteria for Interactive Decision Support," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1-2), pages 69-94, January -.
- Ross Levine, 1986.
"An international arbitrage pricing model with PPP deviations,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
294, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Levine, Ross, 1989. "An International Arbitrage Pricing Model with PPP Deviations," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(4), pages 587-99, October.
- Elton, Edwin J. & Gruber, Martin J., 1997. "Modern portfolio theory, 1950 to date," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(11-12), pages 1743-1759, December.
- Louis K. C. Chan & Jason Karceski & Josef Lakonishok, 1997. "The Risk and Return from Factors," NBER Working Papers 6098, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Huang, Roger D. & Jo, Hoje, 1995. "Data frequency and the number of factors in stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 987-1003, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.