The Effect of Voluntary Spin-Off Announcements on Shareholder Wealth
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 38 (1983)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harris, Oneil & Madura, Jeff, 2011. "Why are proposed spinoffs withdrawn?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 69-81, February.
- Thomas A. Gresik & Eric W. Bond, 2004.
"Efficient Delegation by an Informed Principal,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings
42, Econometric Society.
- Carretta, Alessandro & Farina, Vincenzo & Graziano, Elvira Anna & Reale, Marco, 2011. "Does investor attention influence stock market activity? The case of spin-off deals," MPRA Paper 33545, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Kirchmaier, 2003. "The Performance Effects of European Demergers," CEP Discussion Papers dp0566, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Harris, Oneil & Madura, Jeff, 2010. "Cause and effects of poison pill adoptions by spinoff units," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 62(4), pages 307-330, July.
- Veld, Chris & Veld-Merkoulova, Yulia V., 2004.
"Do spin-offs really create value? The European case,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 1111-1135, May.
- Veld, C.H. & Merkoulova, Y.V., 2001. "Do Spin-offs really Create Value? The European Case," Discussion Paper 2001-76, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Audra L. Boone & J. Harold Mulherin, 2001. "Valuing the Process of Corporate Restructuring," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2001-22, Claremont Colleges.
- D'Souza, Julia & Jacob, John, 2000. "Why firms issue targeted stock," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 459-483, June.
- Debarshi Nandy & Thomas Chemmanur, 2005. "How is Value Created in Spin-Offs? A Look Inside the Black Box," Working Papers 05-09, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Jay N. Ball & Ronald C. Rutherford & Ron J. Shaw, 1993. "The Wealth Effects of Real Estate Spin-Offs," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 597-606.
- Desai, Hemang & Jain, Prem C., 1999. "Firm performance and focus: long-run stock market performance following spinoffs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 75-101, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.