The Reaction of Stock Prices to Unanticipated Changes in Money: A Note
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 38 (1983)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jensen, Gerald R. & Mercer, Jeffrey M. & Johnson, Robert R., 1996. "Business conditions, monetary policy, and expected security returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 213-237, February.
- Du, Ding & Denning, Karen & Zhao, Xiaobing, 2012. "Real aggregate activity and stock returns," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 64(5), pages 323-337.
- Bredin, Don & Gavin, Caroline & O'Reilly, Gerard, 2003.
"The Influence of Domestic and International Interest Rates on the ISEQ,"
Research Technical Papers
9/RT/03, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Don Bredin & Caroline Gavin & Gerard O Reilly, 2003. "The Influence of Domestic and International Interest Rates on the ISEQ," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 34(3), pages 249â265.
- Michailidis, G., 2009. "Multivariate methods in examining macroeconomic variables effect on Greek stock market returns, 1997-2004," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1).
- Bange, Mary M. & Miller, Thomas Jr., 2004. "Return momentum and global portfolio allocations," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 429-459, September.
- Jon Faust & John H. Rogers & Shing-Yi B. Wang & Jonathan H. Wright, 2003.
"The high-frequency response of exchange rates and interest rates to macroeconomic announcements,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
784, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Faust, Jon & Rogers, John H. & Wang, Shing-Yi B. & Wright, Jonathan H., 2007. "The high-frequency response of exchange rates and interest rates to macroeconomic announcements," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 1051-1068, May.
- Thomas Gosnell & Ali Nejadmalayeri, 2010. "Macroeconomic news and risk factor innovations," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(7), pages 566-582, July.
- V. Vance Roley & Gordon H. Sellon, Jr., 1998. "Market reaction to monetary policy nonannouncements," Research Working Paper 98-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Mark J. Flannery & Aris A. Protopapadakis, 2002. "Macroeconomic Factors Do Influence Aggregate Stock Returns," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(3), pages 751-782.
- Grant McQueen & V. Vance Roley, 1990. "Stock Prices, News, and Business Conditions," NBER Working Papers 3520, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Filis, George, 2010. "Macro economy, stock market and oil prices: Do meaningful relationships exist among their cyclical fluctuations?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 877-886, July.
- Y. Malevergne & D. Sornette, 2007. "A two-Factor Asset Pricing Model and the Fat Tail Distribution of Firm Sizes," Papers physics/0702027, arXiv.org.
- Sellin, Peter, 1998. "Monetary Policy and the Stock Market: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Working Paper Series 72, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Jesús Gonzalo & AbderrahimTaamouti, 2012.
"The reaction of stock market returns to anticipated unemployment,"
Economics Working Papers
we1237, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Jesús Gonzalo & Abderrahim Taamouti, 2011. "The reaction of stock market returns to anticipated unemployment," Economics Working Papers we1145, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Bali, Turan G. & Brown, Stephen J. & Caglayan, Mustafa Onur, 2011. "Do hedge funds' exposures to risk factors predict their future returns?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 36-68, July.
- Kim, Suk-Joong & McKenzie, Michael D. & Faff, Robert W., 2004. "Macroeconomic news announcements and the role of expectations: evidence for US bond, stock and foreign exchange markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 217-232, July.
- Tho D.Q. Nguyen & Jian Wu, 2010. "Spillover impacts of the US macroeconomic news: Australian sectoral perspective," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(3), pages 1753-1771.
- Muradoglu, Yaz Gulnur & Metin, Kivilcim, 1996. "Efficiency of the Turkish Stock Exchange with respect to monetary variables: A cointegration analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 566-576, May.
- Birz, Gene & Lott Jr., John R., 2011. "The effect of macroeconomic news on stock returns: New evidence from newspaper coverage," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 2791-2800, November.
- Rapach, David E. & Wohar, Mark E. & Rangvid, Jesper, 2005. "Macro variables and international stock return predictability," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 137-166.
- M. D. Mckenzie & R. D. Brooks, 2003. "The role of information in Hong Kong individual stock futures trading," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 123-131.
- Gülüzar Kurt Gümüs & A. Tülay Yücel & Deniz Karaoglan & Saban Celik, 2011. "The Impact Of Domestic And Foreign Macroeconomic News On Stock Market Volatility: Istanbul Stock Exchange Futures Market," Bogazici Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Bogazici University, Department of Economics, vol. 25(1), pages 123-137.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.