An Empirical Analysis of the Role of the Medium of Exchange in Mergers
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 38 (1983)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Albert Banal-Estañol & Marco Ottaviani, 2006.
"Mergers with Product Market Risk,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 577-608, 09.
- Robert S. Harris & Julian Franks & Colin Mayer, 1987.
"Means of Payment in Takeovers: Results for the U.K. and U.S,"
NBER Working Papers
2456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Franks, Julian R & Harris, Robert & Mayer, Colin, 1987. "Means of Payment in Takeovers: Results for the UK and US," CEPR Discussion Papers 200, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- de La Bruslerie, Hubert, 2012. "Corporate acquisition process: Is there an optimal cash-equity payment mix?," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5066, Paris Dauphine University.
- de La Bruslerie, Hubert, 2013. "Crossing takeover premiums and mix of payment: An empirical test of contractual setting in M&A transactions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2106-2123.
- Michael J. Fishman, 1986. "Preemptive Bidding and the Role of the Medium of Exchange in Acquisitions," Discussion Papers 688, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Eckbo, B. Espen, 2009. "Bidding strategies and takeover premiums: A review," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 149-178, February.
- Chemmanur, Thomas J. & Paeglis, Imants & Simonyan, Karen, 2009. "The medium of exchange in acquisitions: Does the private information of both acquirer and target matter?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 523-542, December.
- Basu, Nilanjan & Dimitrova, Lora & Paeglis, Imants, 2009. "Family control and dilution in mergers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 829-841, May.
- Cheng, Louis T.W. & Leung, T.Y., 2004. "A comparative analysis of the market-based and accounting-based performance of diversifying and non-diversifying acquisitions in Hong Kong," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 763-789, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.