Market Interest Rates and Commercial Bank Profitability: An Empirical Investigation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 36 (1981)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Deep, Akash & Schaefer, Guido, 2004. "Are Banks Liquidity Transformers?," Working Paper Series rwp04-022, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- M. Cary Collins & Van Son Lai & James E. McNulty, 1997. "Thrifty Viability and Traditional Mortgage Lending: A Simultaneous Equations Analysis of the Risk-Return Trade-Off," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 13(2), pages 155-176.
- Visser, H., 1985. "Solvency and liquidity of financial institutions and Minsky's theory of financial instability," Serie Research Memoranda 0015, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Beckmann, Rainer, 2007. "Profitability of Western European banking systems: panel evidence on structural and cyclical determinants," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2007,17, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Glennon, Dennis & Lane, Julia, 1996. "Financial innovation, new assets, and the behavior of money demand," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 207-225, March.
- Gregory E. Sierra & Timothy J. Yeager, 2003. "What does the Federal Reserve’s economic value model tell us about interest rate risk at U.S. community banks?," Supervisory Policy Analysis Working Papers 2003-01, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Kursat Aydogan, 1990. "An Investigation of Performance and Operational Efficiency in Turkish Banking Industry," Discussion Papers 9022, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- G.J. Santoni, 1984. "Interest rate risk and the stock prices of financial institutions," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Aug, pages 12-20.
- Massimo Giulidori & Enzo Dia, 2009. "The Determinants of Bank Interest Margins: Estimates of a Dynamic Model," Working Papers 157, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2009.
- Saha, Asish & Subramanian, V. & Basu, Sanjay & Mishra, Alok Kumar, 2009. "Networth exposure to interest rate risk: An empirical analysis of Indian commercial banks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(2), pages 581-590, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.