Determining an Optimal Capital Standard for the Banking Industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 32 (1977)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Allen N. Berger & Richard J. Herring & Giorgio P. Szegö, 1995.
"The Role of Capital in Financial Institutions,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
95-01, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Kim, Kenneth A. & Lee, Sang-Hyop & Rhee, S. Ghon, 2007. "Large shareholder monitoring and regulation: The Japanese banking experience," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 59(5), pages 466-486.
- Phong T. H. Ngo, 2006. "A Theory of Precautionary Regulatory Capital in Banking," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2006-465, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Li Ma & Junxun Dai & Xian Huang, 2011. "Effect of capital constraints on risk preference behavior of commercial banks," China Finance Review International, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 168-186, April.
- MAULEON, Ana & VANNETLEBOSCH, Vincent J., 2001. "Strike Activity and Bertrand vs Cournot Competition," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2001011, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Yair E. Orgler & Robert A. Taggart, Jr., 1983. "Implications of Corporate Capital Structure Theory for Banking Institutions," NBER Working Papers 0737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shaw, Ming-fu & Chang, Juin-jen & Chen, Hung-Ju, 2012.
"Capital Adequacy and the Bank Lending Channel: Macroeconomic Implications,"
41056, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shaw, Ming-fu & Chang, Juin-jen & Chen, Hung-Ju, 2013. "Capital adequacy and the bank lending channel: Macroeconomic implications," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 121-137.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Winton, .
"Bank Capital Regulation in General Equilibrium,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
17-95, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Barrios, Victor E. & Blanco, Juan M., 2000. "The Effectiveness of Bank Capital Adequacy Requirements : A Theoretical and Empirical Approach," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2001001, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Barrios, Victor E. & Blanco, Juan M., 2003. "The effectiveness of bank capital adequacy regulation: A theoretical and empirical approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1935-1958, October.
- Victoria Geyfman, 2005. "Risk-adjusted performance measures at bank holding companies with section 20 subsidiaries," Working Papers 05-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Miles, David, 1995. "Optimal regulation of deposit taking financial intermediaries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1365-1384, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.