Diversification, Portfolio Analysis and the Uneasy Case for Conglomerate Mergers
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 25 (1970)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Albert Banal-Estañol & Marco Ottaviani, 2006.
"Mergers with Product Market Risk,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 577-608, 09.
- Hermalin, Benjamin E. & Katz, Michael, 2000.
"Corporate Diversification and Agency,"
Research Program in Finance, Working Paper Series
qt0p34c640, Research Program in Finance, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Hermalin, Benjamin E. & Katz, Michael L., 1994. "Corporate Diversification and Agency," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt3568z5kq, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin and Michael L. Katz., 2000. "Corporate Diversification and Agency," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-291, University of California at Berkeley.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin and Michael L. Katz., 2000. "Corporate Diversification and Agency," Economics Working Papers E00-272, University of California at Berkeley.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael L. Katz, 1994. "Corporate Diversification and Agency," Industrial Organization 9402001, EconWPA, revised 15 Nov 1996.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael L. Katz, 2000. "Corporate Diversification and Agency," Finance 9912001, EconWPA.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin and Michael L. Katz., 1994. "Corporate Diversification and Agency," Economics Working Papers 94-227, University of California at Berkeley.
- Joseph P. Hughes & William W. Lang & Choon-Geol Moon & Michael S. Pagano, 1998.
"Measuring the efficiency of capital allocation in commercial banking,"
98-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Joseph P. Hughes & William W. Lang & Choon-Geol Moon & Michael S. Pagano, 1999. "Measuring the efficiency of capital allocation in commercial banking," Proceedings 626, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Albert Banal-Estañol & Marco Ottaviani, 2009. "Conglomeration with bankruptcy costs: Separate or joint financing?," Economics Working Papers 1191, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2010.
- Cheng, Louis T.W. & Leung, T.Y., 2004. "A comparative analysis of the market-based and accounting-based performance of diversifying and non-diversifying acquisitions in Hong Kong," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 763-789, December.
- Chen, Dong, 2012. "Classified boards, the cost of debt, and firm performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3346-3365.
- Oesterle, Michael-Jörg & Richta, Hannah Noriko & Fisch, Jan Hendrik, 2013. "The influence of ownership structure on internationalization," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 187-201.
- M. Pilar Socorro, 2004. "Mergers and the limited liability effect," Documentos de trabajo conjunto ULL-ULPGC 2004-11, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas de la ULPGC.
- Luc Renneboog & Peter G. Szilagyi, 2008.
"Corporate Restructuring and Bondholder Wealth,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 14(4), pages 792-819.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Szilagyi, P.G., 2006. "Corporate Restructuring and Bondholder Wealth," Discussion Paper 2006-23, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Szilagyi, P.G., 2006. "Corporate Restructuring and Bondholder Wealth," Discussion Paper 2006-007, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Schön, Benjamin & Pyka, Andreas, 2013. "The success factors of technology-sourcing through mergers & acquisitions: An intuitive meta-analysis," FZID Discussion Papers 78-2013, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- de Jong, Abe & Roosenboom, Peter & Schramade, Willem, 2009. "Who benefits from bond tender offers in Europe?," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 355-369, December.
- Jandik, Tomas & Makhija, Anil K., 2005. "The Impact of the Structure of Debt on Target Gains," Working Paper Series 2005-5, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Imbierowicz, Björn & Wahrenburg, Mark, 2013. "Wealth transfer effects between stockholders and bondholders," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 23-43.
- Kedia, Simi & Zhou, Xing, 2014. "Informed trading around acquisitions: Evidence from corporate bonds," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 182-205.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.