Autoregressive Conditional Duration Models In Finance: A Survey Of The Theoretical And Empirical Literature
AbstractThis paper provides an up-to-date survey of the main theoretical developments in autoregressive conditional duration (ACD) modeling and empirical studies using financial data. First, we discuss the properties of the standard ACD specification and its extensions, existing diagnostic tests, and joint models for the arrival times of events and some market characteristics. Then, we present the empirical applications of ACD models to different types of events, and identify possible directions for future research. Copyright � 2008 The Author. Journal compilation � 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Economic Surveys.
Volume (Year): 22 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (09)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0950-0804
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Juliusz Pres, 2010.
"Modelling and forecasting wind speed intensity for weather risk management,"
"Marco Fanno" Working Papers
0106, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Caporin, Massimiliano & Preś, Juliusz, 2012. "Modelling and forecasting wind speed intensity for weather risk management," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3459-3476.
- Yuanhua Feng & Sarah Forstinger & Christian Peitz, 2013. "On the iterative plug-in algorithm for estimating diurnal patterns of financial trade durations," Working Papers 66, University of Paderborn, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Abraham, B. & Balakrishna, N., 2012. "Product autoregressive models for non-negative variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(8), pages 1530-1537.
- Katarzyna Bien-Barkowska, 2011. "Distribution Choice for the Asymmetric ACD Models," Dynamic Econometric Models, Wydawnictwo Naukowe Uniwersytetu Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 11, pages 55-72.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.