Cointegration Analysis of Seasonal Time Series
AbstractThis paper reviews various recent approaches to cointegration analysis of seasonal time series. In addition to the usual decisions concerning data transformations and univariate time series properties, it is necessary to decide how seasonal variation is included in the multivariate model and how standard cointegration methods should accordingly be modified. Seasonal cointegration and periodic cointegration methods are discussed, as are some of their recent refinements. An overview of further research topics is also provided. Copyright 1998 by Blackwell Publishers Ltd
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Economic Surveys.
Volume (Year): 12 (1998)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0950-0804
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fabio Busetti, 2004.
"Tests of seasonal integration and cointegration in multivariate unobserved component models,"
- Fabio Busetti, 2006. "Tests of seasonal integration and cointegration in multivariate unobserved component models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(4), pages 419-438.
- Fabio Busetti, 2003. "Tests of seasonal integration and cointegration in multivariate unobserved component models," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 476, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Héctor A. Valle S., 2003. "Pronósticos de inflación para Guatemala hechos con modelos ARIMA y VAR," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(4), pages 407-428, octubre-d.
- Jesús R. González García, 2003. "La dinámica del consumo privado en México: un análisis de cointegración con cambios de régimen," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(4), pages 429-449, octubre-d.
- Lof, Marten & Hans Franses, Philip, 2001.
"On forecasting cointegrated seasonal time series,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 607-621.
- Löf, M. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2000. "On forecasting cointegrated seasonal time series," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2000-04/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Löf, Mårten & Franses, Philip Hans, 2000. "On Forecasting Cointegrated Seasonal Time Series," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 350, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Nikolaos Giannellis & Minoas Koukouritakis, 2011.
"Behavioural equilibrium exchange rate and total misalignment: evidence from the euro exchange rate,"
Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 555-578, November.
- Minoas Koukouritakis & Nikolaos Giannellis, . "Behavioural Equilibrium Exchange Rate and Total Misalignment: Evidence from the Euro Exchange Rate," Working Papers 0901, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Philip Kostov & John Lingard, 2005. "Seasonally specific model analysis of UK cereals prices," Econometrics 0507014, EconWPA.
- Darne, Olivier, 2004. "Seasonal cointegration for monthly data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 349-356, March.
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Zhijie Xiao, 1998.
"A Primer on Unit Root Testing,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(5), pages 423-470, December.
- KETENCI, Natalya, 2010. "Cointegration Analysis Of Tourism Demand For Turkey," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 10(1).
- Diego Winkelried Quezada, 2003. "Indicadores adelantados de la inflación en el Perú," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(4), pages 345-382, octubre-d.
- Cubadda, Gianluca & Omtzigt, Pieter, 2003.
"Small Sample Improvements in the Statistical Analysis of Seasonally Cointegrated Systems,"
Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers
esdp03012, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Cubadda, Gianluca & Omtzigt, Pieter, 2005. "Small-sample improvements in the statistical analysis of seasonally cointegrated systems," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 333-348, April.
- Claudia Arguedas & Jorge Requena, 2003. "La dolarización en Bolivia: una estimación de la elasticidad de sustitución entre monedas," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(4), pages 383-406, octubre-d.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2003:i:18:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olivier Darné, 2003. "Maximum likelihood seasonal cointegration tests for daily data," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(18), pages 1-8.
- Jan Marc Berk & Gerbert Hebbink, 2006. "The anchoring of European inflation expectations," DNB Working Papers 116, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.