Analysis of the Determinants of Adoption of Organic Horticultural Techniques in the UK
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 50 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bayard, Budry & Jolly, Curtis, 2007. "Environmental behavior structure and socio-economic conditions of hillside farmers: A multiple-group structural equation modeling approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3-4), pages 433-440, May.
- Hattam, Caroline & Holloway, Garth J., 2007. "Bayes Estimates of Time to Organic Certification," 81st Annual Conference, April 2-4, 2007, Reading University 7979, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Mercedes Beltrán-Esteve & Andrés J. Picazo-Tadeo & Ernest Reig-Martínez, 2012. "What makes a citrus farmer go organic? Empirical evidence from Spanish citrus farming," Working Papers 1205, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
- Michael Burton & Dan Rigby & Trevor Young, 2003.
"Modelling the adoption of organic horticultural technology in the UK using Duration Analysis,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(1), pages 29-54, 03.
- Burton, Michael P. & Rigby, Dan & Young, Trevor, 2003. "Modelling the adoption of organic horticultural technology in the UK using Duration Analysis," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(1), March.
- Anderson, Jamie B. & Jolly, Desmond A. & Green, Richard D., 2005. "Determinants of farmer adoption of organic production methods in the fresh-market produce sector in California: A logistic regression analysis," 2005 Annual Meeting, July 6-8, 2005, San Francisco, California 36319, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Bekele, Wagayehu & Drake, Lars, 2003. "Soil and water conservation decision behavior of subsistence farmers in the Eastern Highlands of Ethiopia: a case study of the Hunde-Lafto area," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 437-451, October.
- Walekhwa, Peter N. & Mugisha, Johnny & Drake, Lars, 2009. "Biogas energy from family-sized digesters in Uganda: Critical factors and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2754-2762, July.
- Torres, Ariana P. & Marshall, Maria I. & Alexander, Corinne E., 2013. "Does Proximity Determine Organic Certification Among Farmers Using Organic Practices?," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150607, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Stephen Hynes & Eoghan Garvey, 2008. "Modelling Structural State Dependency in Agri-Environmental Schemes," Working Papers 0827, Rural Economy and Development Programme,Teagasc.
- Läpple, Doris & Rensburg, Tom Van, 2011. "Adoption of organic farming: Are there differences between early and late adoption?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 1406-1414, May.
- Cultice, Alyssa K. & Bosch, Darrell J. & Pease, James W. & Boyle, Kevin J., 2013. "Horticultural Producers' Willingness to Adopt Water Recirculation Technology in the Mid-Atlantic Region," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150409, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kerselaers, Eva & De Cock, Lieve & Lauwers, Ludwig & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2007. "Modelling farm-level economic potential for conversion to organic farming," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 671-682, June.
- Mzoughi, Naoufel, 2011. "Farmers adoption of integrated crop protection and organic farming: Do moral and social concerns matter?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(8), pages 1536-1545, June.
- Vasiliki Fourmouzi & Margarita Genius & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2006. "The Demand for Organic, Integrated-Agriculture, and Conventional Fresh Vegetables: A Censored Inverse Almost Ideal Demand System," Working Papers 0618, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- De Cock, Lieve, 2005. "Determinants of Organic Farming Conversion," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24675, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Amsalu, Aklilu & de Graaff, Jan, 2007. "Determinants of adoption and continued use of stone terraces for soil and water conservation in an Ethiopian highland watershed," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 294-302, March.
- Robert Finger & Bernard Lehmann, 2012. "summary," EuroChoices, The Agricultural Economics Society, vol. 11(1), pages 28-33, 04.
- Tate, Graham & Mbzibain, Aurelian, 2011. "The future contribution of bioenergy enterprises to rural business viability in the United Kingdom," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management & International Farm Management Association, vol. 1(2), October.
- Bayard, Budry & Jolly, Curtis M. & Shannon, Dennis A., 2006. "The Adoption and Management of Soil Conservation Practices in Haiti: The Case of Rock Walls," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 7(2), August.
- Serage, K.L. & Nell, Wilhelm T. & Makula, M. & Tolmay, J.P.C., 2002. "Possible Predictors Determining the Adoption of Potatoes (Solanum Tuberosum) into a Wheat- (Triticum Aestivum) Based Cropping System in Mokhotlong, Lesotho," 13th Congress, Wageningen, The Netherlands, July 7-12, 2002 6998, International Farm Management Association.
- Jans, Sharon & Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge, 2001. "The Economics Of Organic Farming In The U.S.: The Case Of Tomato Production," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20618, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lakner, Sebastian, 2010. "Efficiency Cluster in Organic Grassland Farming in Germany – Methodological and Practical Implications," 116th Seminar, October 27-30, 2010, Parma, Italy 95053, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mathijs, Erik, 2002. "Social Capital and Farmers' Willingness to Adopt Countryside Stewardship Schemes," 13th Congress, Wageningen, The Netherlands, July 7-12, 2002 6981, International Farm Management Association.
- Nkegbe, Paul K. & Shankar, Bhavani & Ceddia, M. Graziano, 2011. "Smallholder Adoption of Soil and Water Conservation Practices in Northern Ghana," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114608, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.