Maturity Structure Of A Hedge Matters: Lessons From The Metallgesellschaft Debacle
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Morgan Stanley in its journal Journal of Applied Corporate Finance.
Volume (Year): 8 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1078-1196
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reisz, Alexander S. & Perlich, Claudia, 2007. "A market-based framework for bankruptcy prediction," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 85-131, July.
- Ralph C. Kimball, 2000. "Failures in risk management," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jan, pages 3-12.
- Consiglio, Andrea & De Giovanni, Domenico, 2007.
"Pricing the Option to Surrender in Incomplete Markets,"
Finance Research Group Working Papers
F-2007-02, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Andrea Consiglio & Domenico De Giovanni, 2010. "Pricing the Option to Surrender in Incomplete Markets," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 77(4), pages 935-957.
- Augusto Castillo R. & Rafael Aguila, 2005. "Estrategias Optimas De Cobertura En Presencia De Incertidumbre En Costos Y Cantidad," Abante, Escuela de Administracion. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 8(2), pages 88-110.
- Joseph, Nathan Lael, 2000. "The choice of hedging techniques and the characteristics of UK industrial firms," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 161-184, June.
- Adam, Tim R. & Fernando, Chitru S., 2006. "Hedging, speculation, and shareholder value," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 283-309, August.
- Fehle, Frank & Tsyplakov, Sergey, 2005. "Dynamic risk management: Theory and evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 3-47, October.
- Bühler, Wolfgang & Korn, Olaf, 1998. "Hedging langfristiger Lieferverpflichtungen mit kurzfristigen Futures: möglich oder unmöglich?," ZEW Discussion Papers 98-20, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Sykuta, Michael E., 1996. "Futures trading and supply contracting in the oil refining industry," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 317-334, July.
- Günter Franke, 2000. "Gefahren kurzsichtigen Risikomanagements durch Value At Risk," CoFE Discussion Paper 00-01, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Deaves, Richard & Charupat, Narat, 2002. "Backwardation and Normal Backwardation in Energy Futures Markets: With an Application to Metallgesellschaft's Short-Dated Rollover Hedging of Long-Term Contracts," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-59, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.