SPACs: An Alternative Wav to Access the Public Markets
AbstractLost amidst the news of the real estate crisis, soaring oil prices, undercapitalized banks, and falling stock prices is a trend that has been quietly building in the U.S. capital markets. Instead of doing traditional IPOs, companies are increasingly going public by merging with Special Purpose Acquisition Companies, commonly known as SPACs. Copyright (c) 2008 Morgan Stanley.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Morgan Stanley in its journal Journal of Applied Corporate Finance.
Volume (Year): 20 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1078-1196
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lakicevic, Milan & Shachmurove, Yochanan & Vulanovic, Milos, 2013.
"Institutional changes of SPACs,"
44181, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lakicevic, Milan & Shachmurove, Yochanan & Vulanovic, Milos, 2014. "Institutional changes of Specified Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs)," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 149-169.
- Lakicevic, Milan & Shachmurove, Yochanan & Vulanovic, Milos, 2013. "Institutional changes of SPACs," EconStor Preprints 68589, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Milan Lakicevic & Yochanan Shachmurove & Milos Vulanovic, 2013. "On Mergers, Acquisitions and Liquidation Using Specified Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs)," PIER Working Paper Archive 13-013, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Shachmurove, Yochanan & Vulanovic, Milos, 2014.
"SPACs with focus on China,"
53550, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shachmurove, Yochanan & Vulanovic, Milos, 2013.
"SPACs in Shipping,"
88633, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Cécile Carpentier & Douglas Cumming & Jean-Marc Suret, 2009. "The Value of Capital Market Regulation: IPOs versus Reverse Mergers," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-06, CIRANO.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.