Large Shareholder Activism in Corporate Governance in Developing Countries: Evidence from India
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Review of Finance Ltd. in its journal International Review of Finance.
Volume (Year): 1 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1369-412X
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Balasubramanian, N. & Black, Bernard S. & Khanna, Vikramaditya, 2010. "The relation between firm-level corporate governance and market value: A case study of India," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 319-340, December.
- Banu Dincer, 2012. "The Foreign Equity in Banking Industry and the Effectiveness of Corporate Governance: Essential or a Soap Opera?," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 2(4), pages 339-352, October.
- Aggarwal, Reena & Klapper, Leora, 2003. "Ownership structure and initial public offerings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3103, The World Bank.
- Godfred A. Bokpin & Zangina Isshaq & Francis Aboagye-Otchere, 2011. "Ownership structure, corporate governance and corporate liquidity policy: Evidence from the Ghana Stock Exchange," Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 262-279, August.
- Jayesh Kumar, 2004. "Share holding Pattern and Firm Performance," Finance 0409008, EconWPA.
- International Monetary Fund, 2005. "Monetary Policy and Corporate Behaviour in India," IMF Working Papers 05/25, International Monetary Fund.
- Gleason, Kimberly C. & Madura, Jeff & Subrahmanyam, Vijaya, 2007. "Stock exchange governance initiatives: Evidence from the Italian STARs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 141-159, January.
- Jayesh Kumar, 2003. "Ownership Structure and Corporate Firm Performance," Finance 0304004, EconWPA.
- Polsiri, Piruna & Jiraporn, Pornsit, 2012. "Political connections, ownership structure, and financial institution failure," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 39-53.
- Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Selarka, Ekta, 2012. "Does ownership concentration improve M&A outcomes in emerging markets?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 717-726.
- Ghosh, Saibal & Sensarma, Rudra, 2004. "Does monetary policy matter for corporate governance? Firm-level evidence for India," MPRA Paper 19756, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nachane, D M & Ghosh, Saibal & Ray, Partha, 2005.
"Bank nominee directors and corporate performance: micro evidence for India,"
2707, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nachane, D M & Ghosh, Saibal & Ray, Partha, 2005. "Bank nominee directors and corporate performance: micro evidence for India," MPRA Paper 1714, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sarkar, Jayati & Sarkar, Subrata, 2009.
"Multiple board appointments and firm performance in emerging economies: Evidence from India,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 271-293, April.
- Jayati Sarkar & Subrata Sarkar, 2005. "Multiple board appointments and firm performance in emerging economies: Evidence from India," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2005-001, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Jayati Sarkar & Subrata Sarkar, 2005. "Multiple Board Appointments and Firm Performance in Emerging Economies : Evidence from India," Microeconomics Working Papers 22394, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Hovey, Martin & Naughton, Tony, 2007. "A survey of enterprise reforms in China: The way forward," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 138-156, June.
- Emmanuel Adegbite & Kenneth Amaeshi & Olufemi Amao, 2012. "The Politics of Shareholder Activism in Nigeria," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 105(3), pages 389-402, February.
- Jayesh Kumar, 2004. "Does Ownership Structure Influence Firm Value? Evidence from India," Finance 0406008, EconWPA.
- Michael S. Gibson, 1999. "Is corporate governance ineffective in emerging markets?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-63, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Omar Al Farooque & Tony van Zijl & Keitha Dunstan & Akm Waresul Karim, 2010. "Co-deterministic relationship between ownership concentration and corporate performance: Evidence from an emerging economy," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(2), pages 172-189, September.
- Pradeep Kautish, 2010. "Study On Impact Of Environmental Change On Selected Public Sector Enterprises In India," Romanian Economic Business Review, Romanian-American University, vol. 5(2), pages 68-88, June.
- Abhiman Das & Saibal Ghosh, 2004. "Corporate Governance in Banking System: An Empirical Investigation," Industrial Organization 0411004, EconWPA.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Ekta Selarka, 2008. "Impact of M&A on firm performance in India: Implications for concentration of ownership and insider entrenchment," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp907, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Diganta Mukherjee & Tejamoy Ghose, 2004. "An analysis of corporate performance and governance in India: Study of some selected industries," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 04-19, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.