International Comparisons of Levels of Capital Input and Multi-Factor Productivity
AbstractThe paper uses a method by Christensen et al. to construct cross-country comparisons of the levels of capital input, capital and labour productivity and multi-factor productivity. These results are used to decompose international differences in gross domestic product per capita into differences in labour utilization, information and communication technology (ICT) and non-ICT capital intensity and multi-factor productivity for seven Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development countries. We provide Monte Carlo estimates to examine the effects of measurement errors in the base data, and these simulations showed that boundaries for the resulting indicators can be important. Copyright Verein für Socialpolitik and Blackwell Publishing Ltd. 2007.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Verein für Socialpolitik in its journal German Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 8 (2007)
Issue (Month): (05)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1465-6485
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Renaud Bourlès & Gilbert Cette, 2005.
"A comparison of structural productivity levels in the major industrialised countries,"
OECD Economic Studies,
OECD Publishing, vol. 2005(2), pages 75-108.
- Renaud Bourlès & Gilbert Cette, 2005. "Une comparaison des niveaux de productivité structurels des grands pays industrialisés," Revue économique de l'OCDE, OECD Publishing, vol. 2005(2), pages 83-117.
- Bourlès, Renaud & Cette, Gilbert, 2005. "A comparison of structural productivity levels in the major industrialised countries," MPRA Paper 7330, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bourlès, R. & Cette, G., 2005. "A comparison of Structural Productivity Levels in the Major Industrialised Countries," Working papers 133, Banque de France.
- Bourlès, R. & Cette, G., 2006.
"Trends in "structural" productivity levels in the major industrialized countries,"
156, Banque de France.
- Bourles, Renaud & Cette, Gilbert, 2007. "Trends in "structural" productivity levels in the major industrialized countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 151-156, April.
- Nadim Ahmad & François Lequiller & Pascal Marianna & Dirk Pilat & Paul Schreyer & Anita Wölfl, 2003.
"Comparing Labour Productivity Growth in the OECD Area: The Role of Measurement,"
OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers
2003/14, OECD Publishing.
- Nadim Ahmad & François Lequiller & Pascal Marianna & Dirk Pilat & Paul Schreyer & Anita Wölfl, 2003. "Comparing Labour Productivity Growth in the OECD Area: The Role of Measurement," OECD Statistics Working Papers 2003/5, OECD Publishing.
- Inklaar, Robert & Timmer, Marcel & van Ark, Bart, 2006.
"Mind the gap! International Comparisons of Productivity in Services and Goods Production,"
GGDC Research Memorandum
GD-89, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Robert Inklaar & Marcel P. Timmer & Bart van Ark, 2007. "Mind the Gap! International Comparisons of Productivity in Services and Goods Production," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 8, pages 281-307, 05.
- Robert Inklaar & Marcel P. Timmer & Bart van Ark, 2006. "Mind the gap! International comparisons of productivity in services and goods production," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d06-175, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Someshwar Rao & Jianmin Tang & Weimin Wang, 2003. "Canada's Recent Productivity Record and Capital Accumulation," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 7, pages 24-38, Fall.
- Melleny Black & Melody Guy & Nathan McLellan, 2003.
"Productivity in New Zealand 1988 to 2002,"
Treasury Working Paper Series
03/06, New Zealand Treasury.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- James Zuccollo & Sholeh Maani & Bill Kaye-Blake & Lulu Zeng, 2013. "Private Returns to Tertiary Education - How Does New Zealand Compare to the OECD?," Treasury Working Paper Series 13/10, New Zealand Treasury.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.