Price Performance of Initial Public Offerings of Master Limited Partnership Units
AbstractThis paper is the first to provide evidence on the pricing of initi al public offerings of master limited partnerships. A sample of fifty master limited partnership offerings from January 1983 through July 1987 is analyzed. No significant underpricing (or overpricing) is fou nd for the sample taken as a whole, although some slight overpricing is found for certain industry subsamples. These findings are in sharp contrast to the evidence from previous studies that document significantly positive initial returns for common stock initial offerings. Copyright 1988 by MIT Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Eastern Finance Association in its journal The Financial Review.
Volume (Year): 23 (1988)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leite, Tore, 2004. "Excess initial returns in IPOs," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 359-377, July.
- Su H. Chan & Mark H. Stohs & Ko Wang, 2001. "Are Real Estate IPOs a Different Species? Evidence from Hong Kong IPOs," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 21(3), pages 337-356.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.