Rankings of Australian Economics Departments, 1988-2000
AbstractThis paper provides new rankings for Australian university economics departments for the periods 1988-2000, 1988-94 and 1994-2000 using the ECONLIT database. We rank economics departments using two different journal ranking criteria--one based on citations and the other based on perceptions of journal quality. In addition, we provide updates on the rankings using the Towe and Wright (1995) methodology. We find that the perception-based rankings are quite different from the citation-based rankings. Copyright 2002 by The Economic Society of Australia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by The Economic Society of Australia in its journal The Economic Record.
Volume (Year): 78 (2002)
Issue (Month): 241 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Central Council Administration, L.P.O. Box 2161, Hawthorn VIC 3122
Phone: 61 3 9497 4140
Fax: 61 3 9497 4140
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0013-0249
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frank Neri & Joan R. Rodgers, 2006. "Ranking Australian Economics Departments by Research Productivity," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(s1), pages S74-S84, 09.
- Kenneth W. Clements & Patricia Wang, 2003.
"Who Cites What?,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(245), pages 229-244, 06.
- Kenneth W. Clements & Patricia Wang, 2001. "Who Cites What?," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 01-16, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Kenneth W. Clements & Patricia Wang, 2001. "Who Cites What?," CEPR Discussion Papers 442, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Frank Neri & Joan Rodgers, 2012. "Human capital externalities, departmental co-authorship and research productivity," Economics Working Papers wp12-05, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:1:y:2004:i:4:p:1-19 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.