On the Neutrality of the Resource Rent Tax
AbstractThis paper investigates the existence of an investment-neutral resource rent tax using a model of optimal investment to extract an unknown quantity of resource stock. This model is solved by numerical methods to show that the levels of profit margin and resource stock uncertainty are key parameter values in determining both the existence and the characteristics of an investment-neutral resource rent tax. Copyright 1993 by The Economic Society of Australia.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by The Economic Society of Australia in its journal The Economic Record.
Volume (Year): 69 (1993)
Issue (Month): 204 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Central Council Administration, L.P.O. Box 2161, Hawthorn VIC 3122
Phone: 61 3 9497 4140
Fax: 61 3 9497 4140
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0013-0249
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joaquim Jose Martins Guilhoto & Silvio Massaru Ichihara & Fernando Antonio Slaibe Postali, 2006. "The Importance of the Oil and Gas Complex for the Brazilian Economy and Its States," ERSA conference papers ersa06p698, European Regional Science Association.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim J.M. & Ichihara, Silvio Massaru & Postali, Fernando Antonio Slaibe, 2007. "The oil and gas sector in the brazilian economy," MPRA Paper 31520, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Smith, B., 1999. "The Impossibility of a Neutral Resource Rent Tax," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 1999-380, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Fraser, Rob W., 1999. "The state of resource taxation in Australia: 'An inexcusable folly for the nation'?," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 43(3), September.
- Fraser, Rob W., 1998. "Lease allocation systems, risk aversion and the resource rent tax," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 42(2), June.
- Fraser, R., 2002. "An evaluation of the relative performance of alternatively structured resource rent taxes," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 1-6.
- Fraser, Rob W., 1999. "An analysis of the Western Australian gold royalty," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 43(1), March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.