Modelling Political Instability and Economic Performance: Israeli Investment during the "Intifada"
AbstractI construct a model of investment in Israel that incorporates both standard economic factors and indicators of political instability and unrest. The model is used to estimate both the extent to which the "Intifada" has depressed Israeli investment in different kinds of capital good, and the size of the corresponding "peace dividend". Copyright The London School of Economics and Political Science 2003
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by London School of Economics and Political Science in its journal Economica.
Volume (Year): 70 (2003)
Issue (Month): 277 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE
Phone: +44 (020) 7405 7686
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0013-0427
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicole Crain & W. Crain, 2006. "Terrorized economies," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 317-349, July.
- Zaman, Nadeem Uz & Ghutai, Gul & Khan, Kaneez Raza, 2012. "The nature, sources and the socio-economic effects of terrorism in Balochistan," MPRA Paper 37075, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mellati, Ali, 2008. "Uncertainty and investment in private sector: An analytical argument and a review of the economy of Iran," MPRA Paper 26655, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bruno S. Frey & Simon Luechinger & Alois Stutzer, 2004.
"Calculating Tragedy: Assessing the Costs of Terrorism,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1341, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Simon Luechinger & Alois Stutzer, 2007. "Calculating Tragedy: Assessing The Costs Of Terrorism," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 1-24, 02.
- Bruno S. Frey & Simon Luechinger & Alois Stutzer, . "Calculating Tragedy: Assessing the Costs of Terrorism," IEW - Working Papers 205, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Simon Luechinger & Alois Stutzer, 2004. "Calculating Tragedy: Assessing the Costs of Terrorism," CREMA Working Paper Series 2004-23, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Brada, Josef C. & Kutan, Ali M. & Yigit, Taner M., 2004.
"The effects of transition and political instability on foreign direct investment inflows: Central Europe and the Balkans,"
ZEI Working Papers
B 33-2004, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies, University of Bonn.
- Josef C. Brada & Ali M. Kutan & Taner M. Yigit, 2004. "The Effects of Transition and Political Instability On Foreign Direct Investment Inflows: Central Europe and the Balkans," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp729, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Berrebi, Claude & Klor, Esteban F, 2005. "The Impact of Terrorism Across Industries: An Empirical Study," CEPR Discussion Papers 5360, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Denis Larocque & Geneviève Lincourt & Michel Normandin, 2008.
"Macroeconomic Effects of Terrorist Shocks in Israel,"
Cahiers de recherche
- Denis Larocque & Genevieve Lincourt & Michel Normandin, 2010. "Macroeconomic Effects Of Terrorist Shocks In Israel," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 317-336.
- David Fielding & Anja Shortland, 2005. "Political Violence and Excess Liquidity in Egypt," The Journal of Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 41(4), pages 542-557.
- Kyaw, NyoNyo A. & Manley, John & Shetty, Anand, 2011. "Factors in multinational valuations: Transparency, political risk and diversification," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 55-67, February.
- Demir, Firat, 2006. "Volatility of short term capital flows and socio-political instability in Argentina, Mexico and Turkey," MPRA Paper 1943, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yaron Zelekha & Ohad Bar-Efrat, 2011. "Crime, Terror and Corruption and Their Effect on Private Investment in Israel," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 635-648, September.
- Rubin, Ofir D. & Ihle, Rico & Kachel, Yael & Goodwin, Barry K., 2013. "The impact of violent political conflict on commodity prices: The Israeli food market," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150961, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.