Optimal Trade Policies for a Small Open Economy
AbstractThis paper investigates optimal trade policies for a small open economy with unemployment. When factor prices are rigid, random foreign prices result in random unemployment of resources. The ranking of second-best policies is investigated. If the marginal propensity to consume the importable is positive and nonincreasing in income, the optimal composite tariff dominates the optimal target price, which in turn dominates the optimal quota. Copyright 1993 by The London School of Economics and Political Science.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by London School of Economics and Political Science in its journal Economica.
Volume (Year): 60 (1993)
Issue (Month): 240 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE
Phone: +44 (020) 7405 7686
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0013-0427
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ingene, Charles A. & Yu, Eden S. H. & Chao, Chi-Chur, 2004. "The impact of export share requirements under production uncertainty," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 201-215.
- Yoshiyasu Ono, 2006. "Protective Trade Policies 'Reduce' Employment: A Dynamic Optimization Approach," ISER Discussion Paper 0659, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Choi, E. Kwan & Beladi, Hamid, 1998.
"Welfare Reducing Trade and Optimal Trade Policy,"
Staff General Research Papers
1287, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- E. Kwan Choi & Hamid Beladi, 1998. "Welfare Reducing Trade and Optimal Trade Policy," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 98-wp196, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- E. Kwan Choi & Hamid Beladi, 1998. "Welfare Reducing Trade and Optimal Trade Policy," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 98-wp196, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Chao, Chi-Chur & Yu, Eden S.H., 2007. "Trade liberalization, foreign ownership, and the environment in a small open economy," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 471-477.
- Choi, E. Kwan, 2002.
"Trade and the adoption of a universal language,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 265-275.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.