Inter-generational Transmission of Inequality: An Empirical Study of Wealth Mobility
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by London School of Economics and Political Science in its journal Economica.
Volume (Year): 46 (1979)
Issue (Month): 184 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE
Phone: +44 (020) 7405 7686
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0013-0427
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kerwin Kofi Charles & Erik Hurst, 2002.
"The Correlation of Welath Across Generations,"
NBER Working Papers
9314, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David I. Levine & Bhashkar Mazumder, 2002. "Choosing the right parents: changes in the intergenerational transmission of inequality between 1980 and the early 1990s," Working Paper Series WP-02-08, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Jagadeesh Gokhale & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 2002. "Simulating the Transmission of Wealth Inequality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 265-269, May.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S & Menchik, Paul L, 1987.
"Planned and Unplanned Bequests,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(1), pages 55-66, January.
- Gokhale, Jagadeesh & Kotlikoff, Laurence J. & Sefton, James & Weale, Martin, 2001.
"Simulating the transmission of wealth inequality via bequests,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 93-128, January.
- Jagadeesh Gokhale & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & James Sefton & Martin Weale, 1999. "Simulating the Transmission of Wealth Inequity via Bequests," NBER Working Papers 7183, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jagadeesh Gokhale & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & James Sefton & Martin Weale, 1998. "Simulating the transmission of wealth inequality via bequests," Working Paper 9811, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Kremer, Michael, 1997.
"How Much Does Sorting Increase Inequality?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 112(1), pages 115-39, February.
- Luigi Aldieri & Damiano Fiorillo, 2012.
"Private monetary transfers and altruism: An empirical investigation on Italian families,"
12_2012, CRISEI, University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Aldieri, Luigi & Fiorillo, Damiano, 2012. "Private monetary transfers and altruism: an empirical investigation on Italian families," MPRA Paper 36423, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mauro Baranzini, 2005. "Modigliani's life-cycle theory of savings fifty years later," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 58(233-234), pages 109-172.
- Marc Robinson, 1983. "Social Security and Physical Capital: An Interpretation of the Evidence, Lessons and Outlook," UCLA Economics Working Papers 307, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Luc Arrondel, 2013. "Are “daddy’s boys” just as rich as daddy? The transmission of values between generations," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 439-471, December.
- Beblavý, Miroslav & Thum, Anna-Elisabeth & Veselkova, Marcela, 2011. "Education Policy and Welfare Regimes in OECD Countries: Social Stratification and Equal Opportunity in Education," CEPS Papers 6497, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- M. Niaz Asadullah, 2012.
"Intergenerational Wealth Mobility in Rural Bangladesh,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(9), pages 1193-1208, September.
- Asadullah, Niaz, 2011. "Intergenerational Wealth Mobility in Rural Bangladesh," IZA Discussion Papers 5914, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John Fitzgerald & Peter Gottschalk & Robert Moffitt, 1998.
"An Analysis of the Impact of Sample Attrition on the Second Generation of Respondents in the Michigan Panel Study of Income Dynamics,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(2), pages 300-344.
- Peter Gottschalk & John Fitzgerald & Robert Moffitt, 1997. "An Analysis of the Impact of Sample Attrition on the Second Generation of Respondents in the Michigan Panel Study of Income Dynamics," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 399, Boston College Department of Economics.
- James Yunker, 1988. "On the morality of capitalism: In light of the market socialist alternative," Forum for Social Economics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 23-39, March.
- Mauro Baranzini, 2005. "Modigliani's life-cycle theory of savings fifty years later," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 58(233-234), pages 109-172.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.