Central Bank Independence And Inflation: A Note
Abstract"We document increased central bank independence within the set of industrialized nations. This increased independence can account for nearly two-thirds of the improved inflation performance of these nations over the past two decades. "("JEL "E42, E58) Copyright (c) 2008 Western Economic Association International.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Western Economic Association International in its journal Economic Inquiry.
Volume (Year): 47 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (01)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 18830 Brookhurst Street, Suite 304, Fountain Valley, CA 92708 USA
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0095-2583
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Etienne Farvaque & Muhammad- Azmat Hayat & Alexander Mihailov, 2012.
"Who Supports the ECB? Evidence from Eurobarometer Survey Data,"
- Etienne Farvaque & Muhammad Azmat Hayat & Alexander Mihailov, 2011. "Who Supports the ECB? Evidence from Eurobarometer Survey Data," Economics & Management Discussion Papers, Henley Business School, Reading University em-dp2011-04, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Muhammad Azmat Hayat & Etienne Farvaque, 2012.
"Public Attitudes towards Central Bank Independence: Lessons From the Foundation of the ECB,"
- Hayat, Muhammad Azmat & Farvaque, Etienne, 2012. "Public attitudes towards central bank independence: Lessons from the foundation of the ECB," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 512-523.
- Michael Parkin, 2013. "Central Bank Laws and Monetary Policy Outcomes: A Three Decade Perspective," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute 20131, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Mark Mietzner & Dirk Schiereck, 2011. "Staatsfonds als Ankerinvestoren: Eine Note zum Einstieg von Aabar bei Daimler," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 12(1), pages 92-100, 02.
- Dalla Pellegrina, L. & Masciandaro, D. & Pansini, R.V., 2013. "The central banker as prudential supervisor: Does independence matter?," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 415-427.
- Michael Parkin, 2014. "The Effects of Central Bank Independence and Inflation Targeting on Macroeconomic Performance: Evidence from Natural Experiments," Working Paper Series, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis 11_14, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Kai Hielscher & Gunther Markwardt, 2011.
"The Role of Political Institutions for the Effectiveness of Central Bank Independence,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3396, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hielscher, Kai & Markwardt, Gunther, 2012. "The role of political institutions for the effectiveness of central bank independence," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 286-301.
- Dumiter, Florin Cornel, 2011. "Estimating the Impact of Central Bank Independence upon Macroeconomic Performance using a Panel Data Model," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 106-128, December.
- Denise Côté & Carlos de Resende, 2008. "Globalization and Inflation: The Role of China," Working Papers, Bank of Canada 08-35, Bank of Canada.
- Michael Parkin, 2013. "The Effects of Central Bank Independence and Inflation Targeting on Macroeconomic Performance: Evidence from Natural Experiments," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute 20133, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- repec:rdg:wpaper:em-dp2011-04 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.