Transparency and Disclosure Scores and their Determinants in the Istanbul Stock Exchange
AbstractRecent financial reporting and auditing scandals on both sides of the Atlantic have led to a global realisation of the importance of sound corporate governance (CG) practices in alleviating the agency problems in the corporate form of business and for efficient allocation of capital in international markets. Transparency and disclosure (T&D) practices followed by firms are an important component and a leading indicator of CG quality. Transparent and full-disclosure of information is especially vital for Turkey where external capital is necessary to sustain the high growth rate and the biggest agency problem centres on asymmetric information and expropriation by majority shareholders. Copyright (c) 2006 The Authors; Journal compilation (c) 2006 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Corporate Governance: An International Review.
Volume (Year): 14 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (07)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0964-8410&site=1
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Godfred A. Bokpin & Zangina Isshaq, 2009. "Corporate governance, disclosure and foreign share ownership on the Ghana Stock Exchange," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(7), pages 688-703, August.
- Hichem Khlif & Mohsen Souissi, 2010. "The determinants of corporate disclosure: a meta-analysis," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(3), pages 198-219, September.
- Mostafa Kamal Hassan, 2012. "A disclosure index to measure the extent of corporate governance reporting by UAE listed corporations," Journal of Financial Reporting and Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(1), pages 4-33.
- Toudas, Kanellos & Karathanassis, George, 2007. "Corporate Governance and Firm Performance: Results from Greek Firms," MPRA Paper 6414, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Van Geyt, Debby & Van Cauwenberge, Philippe & Vander Bauwhede, Heidi, 2014. "Does high-quality corporate communication reduce insider trading profitability?," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 1-14.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.