Consistency of risk premium measures
AbstractThis research uses the results of a series of within-sample experiments to elicit risk premium measures from agricultural producers. Results show that there is little consistency between measures in different contexts and using different elicitation methods, suggesting that underlying risk preferences are not consistent. These results highlight some of the difficulty with expected utility theory and risk measurement. Copyright 2005 International Association of Agricultural Economics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Association of Agricultural Economists in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 33 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (07)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0169-5150
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alfnes, Frode & Rickertsen, Kyrre & Ueland, Oydis, 2005.
"Experimental Evidence of Risk Aversion in Consumer Markets: The Case of Beef Tenderness,"
2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association)
19285, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Alfnes, Frode & Rickertsen, Kyrre & Ueland, Oydis, 2005. "Experimental Evidence of Risk Aversion in Consumer Markets: The Case of Beef Tenderness," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark, European Association of Agricultural Economists 24553, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lucie Schmidt, 2008.
"Risk preferences and the timing of marriage and childbearing,"
Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 439-460, May.
- Lucie Schmidt, 2007. "Risk Preferences and the Timing of Marriage and Childbearing," Department of Economics Working Papers, Department of Economics, Williams College 2007-03, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Pemsl, D. & Waibel, H., 2007. "Assessing the profitability of different crop protection strategies in cotton: Case study results from Shandong Province, China," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 95(1-3), pages 28-36, December.
- Kellner, Ulla & Musshoff, Oliver, 2011. "Precipitation or water capacity indices? An analysis of the benefits of alternative underlyings for index insurance," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 104(8), pages 645-653, October.
- Oliver Mußhoff & Norbert Hirschauer, 2007. "Improved program planning with formal models? The case of high risk crop farming in Northeast Germany," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 127-141, June.
- Haverkamp, Matthias Wolbert & Musshoff, Oliver, 2013. "Are short rotation coppices an alternative to traditional agricultural land use in Germany? A real options approach," 2013 Conference (57th), February 5-8, 2013, Sydney, Australia, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society 152184, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Musshoff, Oliver & Hirschauer, Norbert, 2008. "Investment planning under uncertainty and flexibility: the case of a purchasable sales contract," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(1), March.
- Musshoff, Oliver & Hirschauer, Norbert, 2007. "What benefits are to be derived from improved farm program planning approaches? - The role of time series models and stochastic optimization," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 95(1-3), pages 11-27, December.
- Franken, Jason R.V. & Pennings, Joost M.E. & Garcia, Philip, 2012. "Measuring Risk Attitude and Relation to Marketing Behavior," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association 124471, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Tubetov, Dulat & Musshoff, Oliver & Kellner, Ulla, 0. "Investments in Kazakhstani Dairy Farming: A Comparison of Classical Investment Theory and the Real Options Approach," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, vol. 51.
- Heidelbach, Olaf, 2007. "Efficiency of selected risk management instruments: An empirical analysis of risk reduction in Kazakhstani crop production," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Central and Eastern Europe, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO), volume 40, number 92323.
- van der Pol, Marjon & Ruggeri, Matteo, 2008. "Is risk attitude outcome specific within the health domain?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 706-717, May.
- Buchholz, Matthias & Musshoff, Oliver, 2014. "The role of weather derivatives and portfolio effects in agricultural water management," 2014 Conference (58th), February 4-7, 2014, Port Maquarie, Australia, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society 165812, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Musshoff, Oliver & Hirschauer, Norbert, 2008. "Sophisticated Program Planning Approaches Generate Large Benefits in High Risk Crop Farming," 82nd Annual Conference, March 31 - April 2, 2008, Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, UK, Agricultural Economics Society 36865, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Diekmann, Anton & Wolbert-Haverkamp, Matthias & Mußhoff, Oliver, 2014. "Die Bewertung der Umstellung einer einjährigen Ackerkultur auf den Anbau von Miscanthus: Eine Anwendung des Realoptionsansatzes," DARE Discussion Papers 1406, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Musshoff, Oliver & Hirschauer, Norbert, 2006. "Wie viel bringt eine verbesserte Produktionsprogrammplanung auf der Grundlage einer systematischen Auswertung empirischer Zeitreihen? â€“ Die Bedeutung von Prognosemodellen bei der Optimierung un," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 55(4).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.