The BIS consolidated banking statistics: structure, uses and recent enhancements
AbstractThe BIS consolidated banking statistics have been expanded to better capture banks' country risk exposures. The expanded statistics provide for the first time information about banks' derivatives and contingent exposures, as well as additional details about the reallocation of risk exposures.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bank for International Settlements in its journal BIS Quarterly Review.
Volume (Year): (2005)
Issue (Month): (September)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li L. Ong & Andrea M. Maechler, 2009. "Foreign Banks in the CESE Countries," IMF Working Papers 09/54, International Monetary Fund.
- Juan Sole & Marco A Espinosa-Vega, 2010. "Cross-Border Financial Surveillance," IMF Working Papers 10/105, International Monetary Fund.
- Christian Dembiermont & Mathias Drehmann & Siriporn Muksakunratana, 2013. "How much does the private sector really borrow - a new database for total credit to the private non-financial sector," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Patrick McGuire & Nikola Tarashev, 2007.
"Global monitoring with the BIS international banking statistics,"
CGFS Papers chapters,
in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Research on global financial stability: the use of BIS international financial statistics, volume 29, pages 176-204
Bank for International Settlements.
- Patrick McGuire & Ilhyock Nikola Tarashev, 2008. "Global monitoring with the BIS international banking statistics," BIS Working Papers 244, Bank for International Settlements.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Timo Laurmaa).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.