The Rigidity of Wages and the Persistence of Unemployment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution in its journal Brookings Papers on Economic Activity.
Volume (Year): 6 (1975)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1775 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington DC 20036
Phone: (202) 797-6000
Fax: (202) 797-6004
Web page: http://www.brookings.edu/economics.aspx
More information through EDIRC
macroeconomics; wages; unemployment;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Preston J. Miller & Arthur J. Rolnick, 1979. "The CBO's policy analysis: an unquestionable misuse of a questionable theory," Staff Report 49, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Thomas J. Sargent & Christopher A. Sims, 1977.
"Business cycle modeling without pretending to have too much a priori economic theory,"
55, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to estimate observable index model from Sargent-Sims(1977)," Statistical Software Components RTZ00126, Boston College Department of Economics.
- repec:pri:indrel:469 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Gordon, 1976.
"The Theory of Domestic Inflation,"
250, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Michael P. Keane, 1990. "Sectoral shift theories of unemployment: evidence from panel data," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 28, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Stephen R. G. Jones & Craig Riddell, 2000. "The Dynamics of US Labor Force Attachment," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0011, Econometric Society.
- Suleman Moosa, 1982. "Money, Inflation, and the Monetarist Explanation: Evidence from the Postwar U.S. Experience," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 101-119, Apr-Jun.
- Hall, Robert E & Lilien, David M, 1979.
"Efficient Wage Bargains under Uncertain Supply and Demand,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 868-79, December.
- Robert E. Hall & David M. Lilien, 1978. "Efficient Wage Bargains Under Uncertain Supply and Demand," NBER Working Papers 0306, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael P. Keane, 1993.
"Individual Heterogeneity and Interindustry Wage Differentials,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(1), pages 134-161.
- Michael P. Keane, 1991. "Individual heterogeneity and interindustry wage differentials," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 54, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Kim B. Clark & Lawrence H. Summers, 1984.
"Labor Force Participation: Timing and Persistence,"
NBER Working Papers
0977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clark, Kim B & Summers, Lawrence H, 1982. "Labour Force Participation: Timing and Persistence," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(5), pages 825-44, Special I.
- Laurence Weiss, 1979.
"Information Aggregation and Policy,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
528, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Johannes Hörner & L. Rachel Ngai & Claudia Olivetti, 2007.
"Public Enterprises And Labor Market Performance,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(2), pages 363-384, 05.
- Riveros, Luis A. & Bouton, Lawrence, 1991. "Efficiency wage theory, labormarkets, and adjustment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 731, The World Bank.
- Jeremy I. Bulow & Lawrence H. Summers, 1986.
"A Theory of Dual Labor Markets with Application to Industrial Policy, Discrimination and Keynesian Unemployment,"
NBER Working Papers
1666, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986. "A Theory of Dual Labor Markets with Application to Industrial Policy,Discrimination, and Keynesian Unemployment," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages 376-414, July.
- Peter N. Ireland, 1995. "Customer flows, countercyclical markups, and the persistent effects of monetary shocks," Working Paper 95-04, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- repec:fth:prinin:89 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bozani, Vasiliki & Drydakis, Nick, 2011. "Studying the NAIRU and its Implications," IZA Discussion Papers 6079, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eric Encarnacion).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.