An Analysis of Russia's 1998 Meltdown: Fundamentals and Market Signals
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution in its journal Brookings Papers on Economic Activity.
Volume (Year): 32 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1775 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington DC 20036
Phone: (202) 797-6000
Fax: (202) 797-6004
Web page: http://www.brookings.edu/economics.aspx
More information through EDIRC
Russia; macroeconomics; 1998; market signals;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Prakash Loungani & Paolo Mauro, 2001.
"Capital Flight from Russia,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(5), pages 689-706, 05.
- Prakash Loungani & Paolo Mauro, 2000. "Capital Flight from Russia," IMF Policy Discussion Papers, International Monetary Fund 00/6, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2000. "When Capital Inflows Come to a Sudden Stop: Consequences and Policy Options," MPRA Paper 6982, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joshua Aizenman & Kenneth M. Kletzer & Brian Pinto, 2002.
"Sargent-Wallace Meets Krugman-Flood-Garber, or: Why Sovereign Debt Swaps Don't Avert Macroeconomic Crises,"
NBER Working Papers
9190, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Aizenman & Kenneth M. Kletzer & Brian Pinto, 2005. "Sargent-Wallace meets Krugman-Flood-Garber, or: why sovereign debt swaps do not avert macroeconomic crises," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(503), pages 343-367, 04.
- Jesus Crespo Cuaresma & Tomas Slacik, 2007.
"An "Almost-Too-Late" Warning Mechanism For Currency Crises,"
Working Papers, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck
2007-10, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Jesus Crespo Cuaresma & Tomas Slacik, 2010. "An almost-too-late warning mechanism for currency crises," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 18(1), pages 123-141, 01.
- Crespo Cuaresma, Jesýs & Slacik, Tomas, 2007. "An "almost-too-late" warning mechanism for currency crises," BOFIT Discussion Papers, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition 4/2007, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- World Bank, 2003. "Russia : Development Policy Review," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13874, The World Bank.
- Noy, Ilan, 2008. "Sovereign default risk, the IMF and creditor moral hazard," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 64-78, February.
- Colliac, Stéphane & Lapteacru, Ion, 2008. "Three countries' debt profiles: Average maturities in Mexico, Brazil, and Russia," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 94-111, April.
- Granville, Brigitte & Mallick, Sushanta, 2006. "Does inflation or currency depreciation drive monetary policy in Russia?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 163-179, June.
- Oomes, Nienke & Ohnsorge, Franziska, 2005. "Money demand and inflation in dollarized economies: The case of Russia," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 462-483, September.
- Federico Sturzenegger, 2002. "Defaults in the 90´s: Factbook and Preliminary Lessons," Business School Working Papers, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella veintidos, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Kemme, David M. & Roy, Saktinil, 2006.
"Real exchange rate misalignment: Prelude to crisis?,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 207-230, October.
- David M. Kemme & Saktinil Roy, 2005. "Real Exchange Rate Misalignment: Prelude to Crisis?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan wp797, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eric Encarnacion).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.