Small-Area Estimation of Economic Statistics
AbstractA ratio-correlation (multiple regression) approach for estimating key economic statistics for small areas is proposed and compared with several synthetic estimation methods using various measures of performance. Using published data that are easily accessible, the methods provide a means of estimating statics not currently published with a reasonable amount of error.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Business and Economic Statistics.
Volume (Year): 8 (1990)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alex Costa & Albert Satorra & Eva Ventura, 2003. "An Empirical Evaluation of Five Small Area Estimators," General Economics and Teaching 0312003, EconWPA.
- Àlex Costa & Albert Satorra & Eva Ventura, 2003. "An empirical evaluation of small area estimators," Economics Working Papers 674, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 2003.
- Hentschel, Jesko & Lanjouw, Jean Olson & Lanjouw, Peter & Poggi, Javier, 1998. "Combining census and survey data to study spatial dimensions of poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1928, The World Bank.
- Àlex Costa & Albert Satorra & Eva Ventura, 2001. "Estimadores compuestos en estadística regional: aplicación para la tasa de variación de la ocupación en la industria," Economics Working Papers 590, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Àlex Costa & Albert Satorra & Eva Ventura, 2003. "Using composite estimators to improve both domain and total area estimation," Economics Working Papers 731, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.