Intertemporal Variation in Financial Constraints on Investment: A Time-Varying Parameter Approach Using Panel Data
AbstractThis article is concerned with understanding how financial constraints on investment vary over the business cycle and whether these constraints are related to macroeconomic policies. These issues are investigated within the framework of a time-varying parameter model using U.S. company panel data from 1971 to 1993. A preliminary investigation of parameter stability in investment equations using cross-sectional estimation techniques indicates a pattern of parameter variation that conforms to the one captured by the "return-to-normality" model. The return-to-normality model is estimated using a Bayesian approach. The estimation results provide evidence that support the predictions of the models of asymmetric information in capital markets.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Business and Economic Statistics.
Volume (Year): 19 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John C. Driscoll & Steinar Holden, 2004. "Coordinación, trato justo y persistencia de la inflación," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 97-129, abril-jun.
- Carlos Esteban Posada & José Fernando Escobar, 2004. "Crecimiento económico y gasto público: experiencias internacionales y el caso colombiano, 1982-99," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 131-167, abril-jun.
- Buisan, Ana & Caballero, Juan C. & Campa, Jose M. & Jimenez, Noelia, 2004.
"La importancia de la histéresis en las exportaciones de manufacturas de los países de la UEM,"
IESE Research Papers
D/561, IESE Business School.
- Ana Buisán & Juan Carlos Caballero & José Manuel Campa & Noelia Jiménez, 2004. "La importancia de la histéresis en las exportaciones de manufacturas de los países de la UEM," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 169-222, abril-jun.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.