Influence Diagnostics and Estimation Algorithms for Powell's SCLS
AbstractThis article studies influence diagnostics and estimation algorithms for Powell's symmetrically censored least squares estimator. The proposed measures of influence are based on one-step approximations to the analogous deletion diagnostics used in least squares regression and can be conveniently constructed using a Newton-type algorithm. Additionally, it is found that this algorithm can be used to substantially reduce the computational burden of the estimator. The results of the article are illustrated with an application.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Business and Economic Statistics.
Volume (Year): 19 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Čížek, Pavel, 2012.
"Semiparametric robust estimation of truncated and censored regression models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 168(2), pages 347-366.
- Cizek, P., 2008. "Semiparametric Robust Estimation of Truncated and Censored Regression Models," Discussion Paper 2008-34, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Leandro M. Magnusson, 2008.
"Inference in Limited Dependent Variable Models Robust to Weak Identification,"
0801, Tulane University, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2009.
- Leandro M. Magnusson, 2010. "Inference in limited dependent variable models robust to weak identification," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 13(3), pages S56-S79, October.
- Tao Chen & Gautam Tripathi, 2014. "A simple consistent test of conditional symmetry in symmetrically trimmed tobit models," CREA Discussion Paper Series 14-04, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.