Semiparametric Tests for Double Unit Roots Based on Symmetric Estimators
AbstractThe authors develop new semiparametric tests for double unit roots under a weakly dependent error structure of Phillips for tests for a unit root. The tests are based on symmetric estimation of Sen and Dickey. Through Monte Carlo simulations, the new tests are compared with the tests of Haldrup and of Dickey and Pantula. Their tests have empirical sizes close to the nominal size even when the innovations follow a negatively autocorrelated moving average, for which the semiparametric tests of Haldrup are oversized. Moreover, the authors' tests have better power than the other two tests against I(1), explosive, and stationary alternatives. The tests are applied to the yearly Korean wholesale price and consumer price indexes. Some I(2) structure is evident for the indexes.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Business and Economic Statistics.
Volume (Year): 17 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Niels Haldrup & Peter Lildholdt, . "On the Robustness of Unit Root Tests in the Presence of Double Unit Roots," Economics Working Papers 2000-1, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Holtemöller, Oliver, 2002. "Money and prices: An I(2) analysis for the euro area," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2002,12, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Niels Haldrup & Peter Lildholdt, 2005.
"Local power functions of tests for double unit roots,"
Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 59(2), pages 159-179.
- Niels Haldrup & Peter Lildholdt, . "Local Power Functions of Tests for Double Unit Roots," Economics Working Papers 2000-2, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Dong Shin & Man-Suk Oh, 2003. "Tests for the order of integration against higher order integration," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 383-396, July.
- Shin, Dong Wan & So, Beong Soo, 2002. "Recursive mean adjustment and tests for nonstationarities," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 203-208, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.