A Bayesian Analysis of Autoregressive Time Series Panel Data
AbstractThe authors describe a Bayesian hierarchical model to analyze autoregressive time series panel data. They develop two algorithms using Markov-chain Monte Carlo methods, a restricted algorithm that enforces stationarity or nonstationarity conditions on the series, and an unrestricted algorithm that does not. Two examples show that restricting stationary series to be stationary provides no new information but restricting nonstationary series to be stationary leads to substantial differences from the unrestricted case. These examples and a simulation study also show that, compared with inference based on individual series, there are gains in precision for estimation and forecasting when similar series are pooled.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Business and Economic Statistics.
Volume (Year): 15 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Choi, Hyunyoung & Finnerty, Joseph, 2006. "Impact study on the interest rate futures market," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 495-512, September.
- Elena Cefis & Matteo Ciccarelli & Luigi Orsenigo, 2004.
"Testing Gibrat's Legacy: A Bayesian Approach to Study the Growth of Firms,"
05-02, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Cefis, Elena & Ciccarelli, Matteo & Orsenigo, Luigi, 2007. "Testing Gibrat's legacy: A Bayesian approach to study the growth of firms," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 348-369, September.
- Juarez, Miguel A. & Steel, Mark F. J., 2006.
"Non-Gaussian dynamic Bayesian modelling for panel data,"
450, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Miguel A. Juárez & Mark F. J. Steel, 2010. "Non‐gaussian dynamic bayesian modelling for panel data," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(7), pages 1128-1154, November/.
- Baltagi, Badi H., 2006.
"Forecasting with panel data,"
Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies
2006,25, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Juarez, Miguel A. & Steel, Mark F. J., 2006. "Model-based Clustering of non-Gaussian Panel Data," MPRA Paper 880, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.