The Level and Power of the Bootstrap t Test in the AR(1) Model with Trend
AbstractThis paper considers a first-order autoregressive model which may include an intercept and trend where the innovations are independently and identically distributed. The innovation distribution is assumed unknown. The autoregressive parameter is tested using the conventional t statistic. The paper presents Monte Carlo estimates of the rejection probability of the test with bootstrap-based critical values. The results show that the test with the bootstrap-based critical value has essentially the right rejection probability for sample sizes comparable to or smaller than those which occur in practice and essentially the same power as the test with level-corrected critical values.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Business and Economic Statistics.
Volume (Year): 14 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Burridge, Peter & Robert Taylor, A. M., 2004.
"Bootstrapping the HEGY seasonal unit root tests,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 67-87, November.
- Robert Taylor & Peter Burridge, 2004. "Bootstrapping the HEGY Seasonal Unit Root Tests," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 125, Econometric Society.
- DUFOUR, Jean-Marie & TORRÈS, Olivier, 2000.
"Markovian Processes, Two-Sided Autoregressions and Finite-Sample Inference for Stationary and Nonstationary Autoregressive Processes,"
Cahiers de recherche
2000-12, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Dufour, Jean-Marie & Torres, Olivier, 2000. "Markovian processes, two-sided autoregressions and finite-sample inference for stationary and nonstationary autoregressive processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 255-289, December.
- Dufour, J.M. & Torres, O., 2000. "Markovian Progresses, Two-Sided Autoregressions and Finite-Sample Inference for Stationary and Nonstationary Autoregressive Processes," Cahiers de recherche 2000-12, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Jean-Marie Dufour & Olivier Torrès, 2000. "Markovian Processes, Two-Sided Autoregressions and Finite-Sample Inference for Stationary and Nonstationary Autoregressive Processes," CIRANO Working Papers 2000s-17, CIRANO.
- Joon Y. Park, 2003.
"Bootstrap Unit Root Tests,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(6), pages 1845-1895, November.
- Joon Y. Park, 2000. "Bootstrap Unit Root Tests," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1587, Econometric Society.
- Park, Joon, 2002. "Bootstrap Unit Root Tests," Working Papers 2003-04, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Park, Joon Y., 2006.
"A bootstrap theory for weakly integrated processes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 639-672, August.
- Park, Joon, 2003. "A Bootstrap Theory for Weakly Integrated Processes," Working Papers 2003-16, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Paparoditis, Efstathios & Politis, Dimitris N., 2005. "Bootstrap hypothesis testing in regression models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(4), pages 356-365, October.
- Psaradakis, Zacharias, 2001. "On bootstrap inference in cointegrating regressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 1-10, July.
- Harris, R. I. D. & Judge, G., 1998. "Small sample testing for cointegration using the bootstrap approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 31-37, January.
- Bruce E. Hansen, 1999.
"The Grid Bootstrap And The Autoregressive Model,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 594-607, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.