Some Specification Tests for Probit Models Estimated on Panel Data
AbstractGeneralized score and Wald tests are proposed to test certain aspects of the specification of panel probit models. The procedures used to detect misspecifications, such as omitted and superfluous variables, heteroscedasticity, nonnormality, and random coefficient variations, are designed specifically for the case when the model is estimated by sequential methods. The finite sample distributions of the test statistics in correctly and incorrectly specified models are investigated by a Monte Carlo study. Applying the proposed procedures to the analysis of the determinants of self-employment in Germany shows that the suggested specification checks are useful instruments in applied work.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Business and Economic Statistics.
Volume (Year): 13 (1995)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Munroe, Darla K. & Southworth, Jane & Tucker, Catherine M., 2002. "The dynamics of land-cover change in western Honduras: exploring spatial and temporal complexity," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 355-369, November.
- Lechner, Michael & Lollivier, Stefan & Magnac, Thierry, 2008.
"Parametric Binary Choice Models,"
Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole
http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
- Michael Lechner & Stefan Lollivier & Thierry Magnac, 2005. "Parametric Binary Choice Models," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2005 2005-23, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Lechner, Michael & Lollivier, Stefan & Magnac, Thierry, 2005. "Parametric Binary Choice Models," IDEI Working Papers 398, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Yuri Ostrovsky, 2002. "A Longitudinal Study of the Residential Mobility of the Elderly in Canada," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 78, McMaster University.
- Georges Dionne & Olfa Ghali, 2003.
"The (1992) Bonus-Malus System in Tunisia: An Empirical Evaluation,"
THEMA Working Papers
2003-40, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Georges Dionne & Olfa Ghali, 2005. "The (1992) Bonus-Malus System in Tunisia: An Empirical Evaluation," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 72(4), pages 609-633.
- Williams, Donald R., 2002. "Returns to education and experience in self-employment: Evidence from Germany," IRISS Working Paper Series 2002-04, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Wiji Arulampalam & Alison L. Booth, 2000. "Union status of young men in Britain: a decade of change," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 289-310.
- Ziegler, Andreas, 2002. "Simulated Classical Tests in the Multiperiod Multinomial Probit Model," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-38, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Ulrich Kaiser & Andrea Szczesny, 2000. "Einfache oekonomische Verfahren fuer die Kreditrisikomessung," CoFE Discussion Paper 00-28, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Bjornsen, Hild-Marte, 1999. "Off-farm labour decisions of Norwegian farm Households," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa025, European Regional Science Association.
- Samy Ben Naceur and Mohamed Goaied, . "The Value Creation Process in the Tunisia Stock Exchange," API-Working Paper Series 9903, Arab Planning Institute - Kuwait, Information Center.
- Michael Lechner & Jörg Breitung, 1996. "Estimation de modèles non linéaires sur données de panel par la méthode des moments généralisés," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 126(5), pages 191-203.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.