Reengineering The Management System In Small And Medium Enterprises’ From Romania
AbstractIn Romania almost 99% of the companies are SMEs. For now the only certainty for Romanian economy is the fact that the ability to “invent” new products and services for clients, the capability to offer quick and creative responses to the complex problems which appear in the organization and the capability to find always new ways to improve key-relationship between stakeholders, are becoming the key-factors for differencing and creating the competitive advantage for today and tomorrows success. If we take into consideration the present evolutions which state that the SMEs are the new knowledge-based firms, it’s necessary that in order to be globally competitive, Romanian companies have to support and enhance individual creativity and to use employees knowledge as a way to increase firms profitability. For Romanian SMEs the necessity of change is becoming more and more urgent. This is why reengineering is becoming fundamental for all organizations. The companies which had the biggest success in persuading the employees about change were the ones who had the clearest messages about the necessity of reengineering. The paper analyses the role of managerial systems reengineering inside SMEs from Romania. This research intends to demonstrate that reengineering the management system is one of the main conditions to ensure the economical and managerial success of an organization on a period of three to five years. It became compulsory that management system reengineering should follow a special methodology which respects a logical succession of different phases. Based on SMEs development from Romania the paper will present each phase of the reengineering process and in the end will draw some conclusions about future improvements for management system reengineering.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business in its journal JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): ()
Small and Medium Enterprise; Reengineering; SMEs; Management Systems; Reengineering Methodology;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ion Petrescu & Stefanescu Camelia & Panzaru Stelian, 2003. "Managementul pe baza centrelor de performata," Expert Books, The Expert Publishing House, edition 1, number 973618000.
- Ion POPA & Doina I. POPESCU, 2013. "The Importance Of Innovative Clusters’ Proliferation For Sustainable Economic Growth Of Romania," Proceedings of the INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 7(1), pages 583-595, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cornelia Pop).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.