Management of agrarian risk (English)
AbstractThis paper incorporates the interdisciplinary New Institutional Economics and presents a comprehensive framework for analyzing the risk management in the agri-food sector. First, it specifies the diverse (natural, technical, behavioral, economic, policy etc.) type of agrarian risks, and the (market, private, public, hybrid) modes of their management. Second, it defines the efficiency of risk management and identifies (personal, institutional, dimensional, technological, natural) factors of governance choice. Next, it presents stages in analysis of risk management and for the improvement of public intervention in risk governance. Finally, it identifies contemporary opportunities and challenges for risk management in agri-food chain.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute in its journal Economic Thought.
Volume (Year): (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- O17 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ivanka Daneva, 2009. "Investment Risk Management in Private Pension Systems," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 19-34.
- Richard Shepherd & Gary Barker & Simon French & Andy Hart & John Maule & Angela Cassidy, 2006. "Managing Food Chain Risks: Integrating Technical and Stakeholder Perspectives on Uncertainty," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(2), pages 313-327, 07.
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2013. "Risk Management in the Agri-food Sector," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 7(1), March.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2008. "Governing of agrarian sustainability," MPRA Paper 7772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2010. "Eco-governance in Bulgarian Agriculture," MPRA Paper 22958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gerasymenko, Nataliia & Zhemoyda, Oleksandr V., 2009. "New Challenges For Risk Management In Agri-Food Industry," 113th Seminar, September 3-6, 2009, Chania, Crete, Greece 58019, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Zseleczky, Laura & Yosef, Sivan, 2014. "Are shocks actually on the rise? A selective review of five types of shocks:," 2020 Conference briefs 5, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Zseleczky, Laura & Yosef, Sivan, 2014. "Are shocks really increasing? A selective review of the global frequency, severity, scope, and impact of five types of shocks:," 2020 Conference papers 5, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vassil Zahariev).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.