Cross-Border Economic Cooperation in South East Europe in the Framework of the Globalizing Market
AbstractThe paper observed the role that plays the macro-geographical factor for the economic development of the South East European countries. The possibilities for developing mutual beneficial cross-border relations have been analyzed, based on information obtained from different surveys for South East European Countries. The main goal of the project can be summarized as follows: to outline the reasons why the regional policy of Cross--border cooperation be accepted as an "optimal" policy for the border areas of South East European countries; to define the economic and social after-effects of this policy on the region and the countries, taking into account the problems of EU accession and the open Pan European market; to analyze the institutional degree of the readiness to provide regional and Cross-border cooperation within South East European countries. Finally, the main advantages from cross-border cooperation have been outlined as a general policy and for the region specifically.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute in its journal Economic Thought.
Volume (Year): (2003)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mitko Dimitrov & George Petrakos & Stoyan Totev & Maria Tsiapa, 2003. "Cross-Border Cooperation in Southeastern Europe," Eastern European Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 41(6), pages 5-25, January.
- Stoyan Totev, 2002. "Economic Performance and Structure of Southeastern European Countries--Albania, Bulgaria, FYR of Macedonia, and Greece," Eastern European Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 40(6), pages 51-83, November.
- George Petrakos, 2000. "Economic structure and change in the Balkan region: implications for integration, transition and economic cooperation," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 95-113, 03.
- Garabed Minassian, 2002. "The Economic Environment in Albania, Bulgaria, Macedonia FYR, and Greece: A Cross-Country Study," Eastern European Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 40(4), pages 45-82, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vassil Zahariev).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.