Regional Differences and Regional Policy in Bulgaria
AbstractThe article analyzes the regional differences in Bulgaria, compared with those in other EU member countries. It studies the premises determining the changes in the economic structure of the regions in Bulgaria. It visions the structural changes (at regional level), which would favor the economic development, according to the real competitiveness and efficiency of the economy. The regional policy of Bulgaria is discussed from the aspect of the necessity of its subordination with the cohesion EU policy, and as such conformed to the specific of the development in Bulgaria. The paper outlines the need of formulating an understanding on what the sustainable regional development should be and how it will be inscribed in the whole regional policy. A sample method of measuring admissible differences between the regions is presented in the light of the sustainable difference. Some generalizations and conclusions are drawn at the end.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute in its journal Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- TOTEV, Stoyan & SARIISKI, Grigor, 2008. "The Spatial Distribution Of Labour Intensive Industries In The Eu," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 8(1), pages 5-28.
- Pereira, Alfred M. & Roca-Sagales, Oriol, 2001. "Infrastructures and private sector performance in Spain," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 371-384, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diana Dimitrova).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.