The Bulgarian Pension System - design, pre-reform and post-reform financial status
AbstractThe scientific objectives of the presented study are: (i) to provide an analytical overview of the main characteristics of the Bulgarian pension reform; and (ii) to present its financial aspects related to the pre-reform and post-reform deficit of the PAYG pillar. Several conclusions regarding the background, parameters and financial status (current and projected) of the Bulgarian pension system are summarized. Recommendations concerning the implementation of a mechanism for a regular external monitoring and evaluation of the pension system's development respecting the provisions of the adopted National Strategy and the necessity to develop a new National Strategy for the further improvement of the pension system are suggested as well.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute in its journal Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Georgi Shopov, 2005. "The Political Context of the Pension Reform and the Link "Research - Policy"," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 7, pages 78-94.
- Raina Tsaneva, 2011. "Institutional Investment in Bulgaria – Trends, Problems and Directions," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 1, pages 66-89.
- Rayna Tsaneva, 2013. "Characteristic features of the investment activities of the pension funds in Bulgaria," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 100-119.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diana Dimitrova).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.