Genesis of the Entrepreneurial Idea in the Economic Theory: Review and Interpretation
AbstractThe paper, using the historical approach, reveals the sources and the basis of formation of the present-day knowledge on the essence of entrepreneurship prior to the middle of the 20 century. The views of representatives of the main economic schools are being analyzed. The specific national features and conditions having given birth to the idea of entrepreneurship are being stressed. Four major directions in the history and development of the theory of entrepreneurship are being outlined and examined: the limited entrepreneurial knowledge; the innovation approach of J. Schumpeter; the cultural-organizational direction of M. Weber and the Austrian approach of “entrepreneurial discovery”. The basic idea, defended in the paper, is that the development of the theory of entrepreneurship is dependent on two fundamental factors: economic freedom and knowledge.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute in its journal Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- B10 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - General
- B20 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Israel M. Kirzner, 1997. "Entrepreneurial Discovery and the Competitive Market Process: An Austrian Approach," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 60-85, March.
- Mitko Dimitrov & Kiril Todorov (ed.), 1996.
"Industrial Organisation and Entrepreneurship in Transition (proceedings of the International Conference, Albena - Varna, Bulgaria, 5-8 June 1995),"
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 7:p:1-283, 2.
- Митко Димитров & Кирил Тодоров (ed.), 1996. "Индустриалната Организация И Предприемачеството В Условията На Преход (Материали От Международна Конференц," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 8:p:1-281, 2.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diana Dimitrova).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.