An Attempt At Measuring The Fiscal Influence Over Accounting Of Romanian Listed Companies
AbstractThis paper we seek to measure the fiscal influence over accounting on a de facto level,empirical analysis is being performed on companies listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BSE)and RASDAQ market, on a sample of 210 companies. Our observation was conducted in the year2008, the variables taken in the analysis being sales as proxy for Ã¢â¬Ëaccounting’ and income tax asmeasure for tax effects. The model we use is defined in a dynamic fashion (marginal values) sincewe believe these variables reflect the best the true variations of accounting and tax numbers.The statistical results obtained show that there is a statistically significant influence of taxationover accounting of 4%; we are not able, however, to say if this amount is large or small , insince we have no benchmark value yet. This is also the first empirical tax research paper inaccounting on Romanian data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia in its journal Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica.
Volume (Year): 1 (2010)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
Contact details of provider:
accounting; taxation; income tax; listed companies; Romania;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- M40 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - General
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paliu-Popa, Lucia & Ecobici, Nicolae, 2007. "Accounting Implications of Taxation," MPRA Paper 12186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Valentin BURCA, 2013. "Bankruptcy Risk in IFRS Era. Case Study on BSE Companies," Economics and Applied Informatics, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 3, pages 61-70.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.