A Brief Review Of Creative Accounting Literature And Its Consequences In Practice
AbstractOur research has as main objective a short review of the aspects approached at theEuropean level regarding the role that creative accounting plays in the life of an enterprise. Inorder to achieve our goal, we have analysed approximately 40 academic articles indexed ininternational database, such as Science Direct, Emerald and ProQuest. We have used alongitudinal classification of the selected articles, studied between the years 1999 and 2009; wehave tried, also, a classification of these papers according to the most frequent debating themes. In the end of our research, we have formulated our own conclusion,, that there is nounanimously or unifying accepted theory at the international or European level regarding what is,what the creative accounting represents or which are its basic principles.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia in its journal Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
Contact details of provider:
creative accounting; financial scandals; financial reporting;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kinnunen, Juha & Keloharju, Matti & Kasanen, Eero & Niskanen, Jyrki, 2000. "Earnings management and expected dividend increases around seasoned share issues: evidence from Finland," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 209-228, June.
- Caramanis, Constantinos & Lennox, Clive, 2008. "Audit effort and earnings management," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 116-138, March.
- Falkman, Pär & Tagesson, Torbjorn, 2008. "Accrual accounting does not necessarily mean accrual accounting: Factors that counteract compliance with accounting standards in Swedish municipal accounting," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 271-283, September.
- Shah, Atul K., 1996. "Creative compliance in financial reporting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 23-39, January.
- Balaciu Diana Elisabeta & Vladu Alina Beattrice, 2010. "Creative Accounting - Players And Their Gains And Loses," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 813-819, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.