The Strategic Value Of The Internet Broadband Service And Its Impact On Rural Small Businesses: An Empirical Study
AbstractThis study investigates the strategic adoption of the Internet broadband and technology in locations with small density. The goal of this research is to supply some information necessary for take better decisions concerning the implementation of a project regarding the broadband Internet telecommunications services in Cluj district. The results show that: (1) almost 80% from interviewed people said that they use the Internet broadband services and only 8.4% of the questioned person said that they not use the Internet broadband services, approximately 11.1% of surveyed subjects have not responded to this question; (2) the Internet’s role in customer service leads to added value and increased loyalty of the customer, and (4) the most used Internet broadband services are Click Net (30.7%) offered by Romtelecom Telecommunications Company after the broadband services offered through the cable (12.4%) and the broadband services offered by UPC Telecommunications Company (11.1%)
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its journal Annals of Computational Economics.
Volume (Year): 2 (2010)
Issue (Month): 38 (May)
broadband services; marketing; Internet; networking; flexibility;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
- L63 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Microelectronics; Computers; Communications Equipment
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sang Lee & Jinhan Kim & Yeonog Choi & Sang-Gun Lee, 2009. "Effects of IT knowledge and media selection on operational performance of small firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 241-257, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anca Bandoi).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.