Considerations regarding the structure, significance and trend of monetary indicators in Romania and in the Eurosystem
AbstractThe present paper aims at achieving a comparative analysis of the structure of monetary aggregates, according to the definitions used by the European Central Bank and the National Bank of Romania, respectively. The relevance of such a comparison is justified by the changes adopted by the monetary authority from Romania at the beginning of 2007 in what regards the structure of aggregates M1, M2 and M3. The paper expresses opinions on the effectiveness and impact of monetary strategies implemented by the two monetary authorities, namely the two-pillar strategy used by the European Central Bank and the direct inflation targeting strategy implemented by the National Bank of Romania.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its journal Annals of Computational Economics.
Volume (Year): 2 (2008)
Issue (Month): 36 (may)
monetary indicators; monetary aggregates; National Bank of Romania; Eurosystem.;
Other versions of this item:
- Oana Gherghinescu & Gheorghe Gherghinescu, 2008. "Considerations Regarding the Structure, Significance and Trend of Monetary Indicators in Romania and in the Eurosystem," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4), pages 63-70.
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- O00 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - General - - - General
- O23 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Development
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sánchez, Marcelo, 2010. "Modelling anti-inflationary monetary targeting: with an application to Romania," Working Paper Series 1186, European Central Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anca Bandoi).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.