The Investment Activity And The Financing Problems During The Crisis In Romania
Abstract:This article treats the correlation between the investment projects and financing difficulties in a vicious circle during the crisis. First of all, Romania, as the whole world, should reconsider the planning problems, taking into consideration two problems: from one point of view, the nowadays economic and social difficulties; from another point of view, the negotiation between the economic boom and the financial imbalances. Secondly, the investment decisions should be close connected to possibilities financing. This paper has underlined that Romania is an emergent economy and it must elaborate strategically plans, on the large scale and on the long time, but, all participants – government, local administrations, large and small enterprises, and individuals have to head skills to estimate the financing resources. Thirdly, one lesson from the financial crisis is a Nobel winners΄ vision – E. Ostrom and O. Williamson - about our overconfidence in institutions that are important to the functioning of the economy and about the economic governance. Accepting the idea of an L-shaped recovery, during a long time, in this paper we consider that there are necessary small steps, but based on a performing management coordinated to the national and even international level, in function of the government financing possibilities for communities and individuals. The research is based on the statistical analysis and on the lessons of the financial crisis to prove the valid explanations and measures to support the real economy. Recently, European Union (EU) has underlined the numerous recovery measures to support the real economy during the economic crisis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its journal Annals of Computational Economics.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): 37 (May)
investment; crisis; Romania;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- F01 - International Economics - - General - - - Global Outlook
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- H80 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - General
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anca Bandoi).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.