A Comparison Of Pricing Structures At Video And Traditional Cattle Auctions
AbstractThe number of cattle sold through video auctions has increased dramatically during the past five years. In this study structural differences in pricing between a group of traditional auctions and the nation's largest satellite video cattle auction are examined. A Chow test for structural pricing differences reveals that the influence of lot characteristics, market information, and merchandising strategies on cattle prices are essentially identical at both types of auctions. However, optimal lot size is larger at video auctions than at traditional auctions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Western Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Western Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 16 (1991)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
Demand and Price Analysis;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Parcell, Joseph L. & Schroeder, Ted C. & Hiner, Frina D., 1995. "Determinants Of Cow-Calf Pair Prices," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(02), December.
- repec:ags:jrapmc:122317 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zimmerman, Lance C. & Schroeder, Ted C. & Dhuyvetter, Kevin C. & Olson, K.C. & Stokka, Gerald L. & Seeger, Jon T. & Grotelueschen, Dale M., 2012. "The Effect of Value-Added Management on Calf Prices at Superior Livestock Auction Video Markets," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(1), April.
- Lanfranco, Bruno A. & Castano, Jose P., 2010. "Incidence of Agro-Climate Variability over Grass-Fed Cattle Markets," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61182, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Pierce, Vern L. & Parcell, Joseph L. & Randle, Richard & Patterson, David J., 1999. "Determinants Of Sale Price And Farm Value In The Missouri Show-Me Select Replacement Heifer Program," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21545, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Chymis, Athanasios G. & James, Harvey S., Jr. & Konduru, Srinivasa & Pierce, Vern L., 2004. "Asymmetric Information In Cattle Auctions: The Problem Of Revaccinations," Working Papers 26039, University of Missouri Columbia, Department of Agricultural Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.